June 2015 reviews - London

Reviews of the show
Todd
Dad

Re: June 2015 reviews - London

Post by Todd »

jmh2014 wrote:The announcement from Chris Hatt about Elliott's last show was not to the audience, only to the musicians.
So only the audience members sitting in the front few rows heard the announcement ?
jmh2014
Tall Boy

Post by jmh2014 »

Todd wrote:
jmh2014 wrote:The announcement from Chris Hatt about Elliott's last show was not to the audience, only to the musicians.
So only the audience members sitting in the front few rows heard the announcement ?
I would say only the front row or those standing around at the front would have heard. We were in row C by the aisle and didn't hear anything.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

I assume, then, that the information was announced to the musicians right before the show began, and not at the end. Correct?
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
jmh2014
Tall Boy

Post by jmh2014 »

Yes, that's correct.
FM-Switzerland
Tall Boy

Post by FM-Switzerland »

jmh2014 wrote:Saturday June 20th Evening Performance – Elliott/Tomi/Demi
Last show for Elliott Hanna (again!)

A near full house witnessed Elliott at his absolute best.
Unfortunately the theatre had hundreds of empty seats, not a 'near full house' at all.
Elliott's family was sitting in row N and there was nobody (!) behind them in the stalls...
KeefyM
Michael

Post by KeefyM »

Agree Florian, it certainly wasn't a full house as I was sitting in Row J in the Stalls and the majority of the rows behind me on the left hand side (J19-J36) especially L to V on that side were empty - and a couple moved next to me for the second act since they felt awkward sitting in the middle of Row M on their own. Not only was Row D empty, but Row N and S were too on the left hand side and the majority of Row M was empty apart from those two people.

There were also plenty empty seats up in the back of the Dress Circle and the Grand Circle, and as Florian has said, there were plenty empty seats from Row N where Elliott's Parents were sitting all the way back to the sound desk, so it was unfortunately nowhere near a full house and you'd be lucky if it was just over a 1000/1100 people there rather than the VP's 1500 capacity, but the main thing is it was a great show from Elliott and the cast and it was good to see Elliott again.

Keep the reviews coming folks :D
FM-Switzerland
Tall Boy

Post by FM-Switzerland »

KeefyM wrote:Agree Florian, it certainly wasn't a full house as I was sitting in Row J in the Stalls and the majority of the rows behind me on the left hand side (J19-J36) especially L to V on that side were empty - and in fact a couple moved next to me for the second act since they felt awkward sitting in the middle of Row M on their own. Not only was Row D empty, but Row N and S were too on the left hand side and the majority of Row M was empty apart from those two people. There were also plenty empty seats up in the back of the Dress Circle and the Grand Circle and as Florian has said, there were plenty empty seats from Row N where Elliott's Parents were sitting all the way back to the sound desk, so it was unfortunately nowhere near a full house and you'd be lucky if it was just over a 1000/1100 people there rather than the VP's 1500 capacity.
Exactly, my guess was 950-1000 people too after seeing how many empty seats there were upstairs as well.
Even front stalls rows had empty seats (as you said row D for example).
jaj2636
Small Boy

Post by jaj2636 »

One of the quietest I have ever seen the theatre!
J
Flyin high
Small Boy

Post by Flyin high »

jmh2014 wrote: There was a little embrace between Elliott & Tomi before the Finale started and small extra tributes from Elliott to Chris and then Deka.
I was interested to hear what the extra tributes were that Elliott made to Chris and Deka. What did he do?

Also, after saying that I wouldn't be able to see the show again for a while, I decided to take advantage of the half price ticket sale and I'm taking a friend to see the show on Friday. So excited! I'll be sure to post a review...
jmh2014
Tall Boy

Post by jmh2014 »

FM-Switzerland wrote:
jmh2014 wrote:Saturday June 20th Evening Performance – Elliott/Tomi/Demi
Last show for Elliott Hanna (again!)

A near full house witnessed Elliott at his absolute best.
Unfortunately the theatre had hundreds of empty seats, not a 'near full house' at all.
Elliott's family was sitting in row N and there was nobody (!) behind them in the stalls...
Yep - I got that bit wrong. Should have spent more time proof reading before submitting!
Flyin high wrote:
jmh2014 wrote: There was a little embrace between Elliott & Tomi before the Finale started and small extra tributes from Elliott to Chris and then Deka.
I was interested to hear what the extra tributes were that Elliott made to Chris and Deka. What did he do?
This is purely my interpretation.When the three of them came to the front of the stage he turned to look at Chris and applauded him and it sounded like Chris said "Thanks". He then turned to Deka and saluted him. It could well be that he has always done this, but it just seemed more pronounced than normal.

Return to “Reviews - London”