July 2015 reviews - London

Reviews of the show
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Re: July 2015 reviews - London

Post by Billy Whiz »

A few photos from Bradley's last night.

Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
StevenKing
Mrs Wilkinson

Post by StevenKing »

Awesome pics! Thanks David.
Fishcake
Small Boy

Post by Fishcake »

Fab photos David. Always love seeing the kids faces during finale. Hopefully Bradley had the send off he deserves.
Barry Appleby
George

Post by Barry Appleby »

Cheers and a Big Thanks David, for those Great Photo's
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Thanks for the great photos David. As usual, it looks like it was quite a night!
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
patc
Mrs Wilkinson

Post by patc »

Firstly, thank you David for those magnificent photos of this great evening.

Bradley’s last night

And so, Bradley Perret has danced off into the Billy sunset (and the sunny South of France). This consummate professional did it one more time last evening and what a thrilling final show it was. The two big numbers were spectacularly stunning and the sustained standing ovation at the end of Electricity will long live in the memory. Bradley never comes out of the role, even his broad but humble smile at the conclusion of Electricity has always been aimed towards where the Stage Door Pub once proudly stood but, on this final occasion, he had time to turn and look at the audience. I hope what he saw in those moments will have left him in no doubt how much we appreciated all of the high quality entertainment he gave us on that hallowed stage.

There was none of the type of hullabaloo associated with some of the old-style last nights but that in no way detracted from the occasion. We got to see and hear every scene as it should be. Two other brief moments stood out. Bradley’s hug on Ruthie prior to the pre-Angry Dance scene was boa-constrictor-like with Ruthie having to perform all sorts of body-twisting manouvres to escape which she eventually accomplished but only because Bradley let go. It was as if Bradley had told her before the show – “try escaping this one”. Ruthie’s voice as she told him “You are very xxxx special” at the end was filled with deep emotion. You could sense this was a very difficult parting of the ways.

This was Bradley’s night so I won’t mention anyone else other than to say that the entire cast ensured that his final show was a truly memorable and magnificent occasion.

My French is not just appalling but non-existent so I am relying on Google in saying:

Adieu Bradley, merci pour tant de merveilleux souvenirs

Pat
CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by CJ-Rochester »

Thanks for the great photos and reviews everyone!
jmh2014
Tall Boy

Post by jmh2014 »

Saturday 25th July Evening
Final performance Bradley Perret

David Massey gave his customary speech thanking Bradley's family for the loan of their son. Ably supported by the entire cast, Bradley then treated us to a farewell show to remember.

The farewell scene with Ruthie apart, emotions were in check which provided the perfect environment for Bradley to relax and enjoy the night.

Angry Dance and Electricity were both sublime, and as Pat has already alluded to, the ovation for Electricity must have left Bradley in no doubt just how much his performance meant to the audience. As it continued he took his time to look round the theatre and soak up this very special moment.

Thank you Bradley for all the wonderful shows.
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

Thanks for the great reviews. It really was a great night.

Here are some more photos for your perusal.

Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
jmh2014
Tall Boy

Post by jmh2014 »

Thanks for posting the photo's David.

Good to meet you last night too.

Return to “Reviews - London”