November 2015 Reviews - London

Reviews of the show
patc
Mrs Wilkinson

Re: November 2015 Reviews - London

Post by patc »

Many thanks for your review and thoughts, jmh2014.
Bradley is experimenting as Michael. I think the boxing scene has been different each time I’ve seen him. He mocks George more than anyone else and has many ways to play the sparing scene. I’m amazed that Billy can keep a straight face given the way Bradley grins at them whilst “warming his hands.”
Moving on to Thomas .....he was magnificent. It would be interesting to know if some of the small changes he makes are worked out before hand, or whether it’s his instinct on stage.
Yes, indeed. These are some of the reasons that we all have so many additional talking points after every show as well as being able to bask in the sunshine of every performance.
Bridget40 wrote: Also, with regard to Nat.......Perhaps these fans/regulars that you speak of like their Billy shows to be packed with the 'feel good' factor. I prefer something a bit more earthy, realistic, gritty and thought provoking. Less cheesy grins, and more drama please director. I think that Nat Sweeney is exceptionally good in the role
Bridget, don't feel alone :D. I can assure you that nobody among the regular fans that I know has ever expressed anything but delight and admiration for Nat's take on Billy. (Some are not on this Forum but go every week or as often as they can including those who have been there since the beginning.). The audience reaction at the end of the shows is the real measure of a performance and and we all know what that's like. Nat's interpretation of Billy is brilliantly conceived, paced and acted out - just as all the other UK Billys I have seen (and those I saw in the Broadway show) and who have worked so hard to bring us such mighty entertainment each time every time. Legends all. Long live the legends :D .

Pat
Westletonion
Miner

Post by Westletonion »

Brilliantly put and well said Pat!

Also agree completely with Bridget40's assessment concerning Nat's portrayal of the role.
Barry Appleby
George

Post by Barry Appleby »

Thanks Pat, my views absolutely
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Bridget40 wrote:I prefer something a bit more earthy, realistic, gritty and thought provoking. Less cheesy grins, and more drama please director.
I'm adding my agreement as well.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
FM-Switzerland
Tall Boy

Post by FM-Switzerland »

Post removed by admin.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

As I said much earlier in this thread, not everyone feels the same about every Billy's take on the role, but there is no reason to belabor this pointless discussion any further. It is not about defending a point of view with numbers of who shares one opinion versus another.

I have locked this thread.

It's time to move on. I look forward to December reviews that keep in mind our forum focus on positive comments about the children's performances.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.

Return to “Reviews - London”