April 2016 Reviews - London

Reviews of the show
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: April 2016 Reviews - London

Post by ERinVA »

Thanks David . Your photos are always wonderful and worth the wait.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
patc
Mrs Wilkinson

Post by patc »

Thanks, David,

Your photos have graced this Forum over all the years. The man behind the camera is more important than the camera itself.

Pat
jen
Miner

Post by jen »

Billy Whiz wrote:First of all I want to say a big THANK YOU to all the members who have taken the time to write these fantastic reviews. Reading them brings all the emotions running back from that remarkable night. It is something I will never forget.

I am sorry for the delay in posting these photos but the upload speed in my hotel was terrible. Now that I am home I can up load some. I hope you like them.

[

img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v54/D ... 55xken.jpg[/img]

Who is the Billy with a cap on and a dark waistcoat just behind Ruthie?
It is a great show that people do come and see. Because it's not
just a show for adults, or just for children, or just for people that
like theatre, I'd say for everyone, and it's got so much emotion
behind it. Because who ever comes and sees it, feels the story -
so I think: it's brilliant!" (GM)
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

I believe it's Leon Cooke.
jmh2014
Tall Boy

Post by jmh2014 »

Photos from Euan's last "Official" Show

Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

Thanks for the great photos, Julian.

Obviously you sussed it then? :)
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
jmh2014
Tall Boy

Post by jmh2014 »

Thanks David.

Some trial and error but I got there!
patc
Mrs Wilkinson

Post by patc »

Billy London - The Final Week

There are some things in life you believe will never happen and the end of Billy London was one of them. Even when it was announced last December (and I was there when it happened) somehow you felt that, no, a reprieve would come from somewhere. Surely such a fantastic show, such brilliant talent would not be allowed to fade away.

The response from the entire cast was incredible. Instead of sulking off or just going through the motions they went into overdrive. During these past four months their intensity and commitment was magnificent, delivering show after show of immense quality. The huge audiences poured in and wallowed in this extravaganza of laughter, tears and the most extraordinary entertainment.

Our last four Billys, Brodie, Thomas, Nat and Euan, on whose small but firm shoulders the show depended, were nothing short of phenomenal. Our last three Michaels, Nathan/Bradley/Ben and our last three Debbies, Connie/ Hollie/Beatrice weighed in with their extra special talents. The three sparkling Ballet Girl Teams were top quality. The last week promised to be a mixture of all human emotions and so it proved to be.

Due to already committed travel arrangements I missed Brodie’s official last night but, luckily, he did an extra show on the Saturday matinee so I didn’t lose out. Lady Luck struck again on the Wednesday. Nat’s Electricity had been the only one I hadn’t already seen from the DC and I just happened to have booked up there for that night. Of course, I didn’t know then that Saturday would see him do it all over again.

All four Billy’s last shows were superb. They had the perfection of four beautifully formed clouds floating by through sunny blue skies whilst listening to a gentle, soft, but sad, melody. Ruthie’s end scenes with each of them brought about a melancholy similar to watching those clouds disappear over the horizon never to be seen again. Still, you and I had one more sunrise and sunset to enjoy.

The last night was like an Irish Wake. The mourners gathered in their thousands, distraught at the loss of a loved one, but determined to send them off in style and the highest respect. Thank you to those Forum members who have already posted such wonderful reviews. After such an incredibly emotional evening I don’t know how any of you were able to remember who said what. In the history of the theatre I doubt that any show could have ended with such completeness and satisfaction. The inventiveness had to be seen to be believed.

A previous Mrs. Wilkinson once told me she regretted that, on a Billy’s last night, she would never be allowed to hug the departing Billy during their end scene together. Ruthie’s farewell to all four Billys on the last night will go down in theatre history as the most emotive Long Goodbye – with hugs. Nat’s Electricity defies adequate description such was its purity, beauty and perfection. The Easington Colliery Band lent such a fitting poignancy. I watched all of this through Atlantic waves of tears.

Seeing the former young cast members onstage at the end brought an avalanche of great memories. Do they even yet really understand or know what joy they brought to hearts and souls during their tenancies. Perhaps they never will.

I’m sure that three of the lights shining brightly from above were those of the always-remembered Romy Baskerville, Charlotte Leatherbarrow and Alan Forrester whose untimely deaths left their mark.

In all the years I have never ever, not even once, walked out of the Victoria Palace Theatre less than 100% enthralled and uplifted and for that I am eternally grateful. As I said once before, I have no idea what I did in life to deserve being rewarded with the prize of Billy Elliot the Musical.

I remember those great years in London
When Billy was flying high
And, as all the memories come flooding back into my mind,
I’m finding it hard not to cry

I’m standing at the Victoria Palace
But everyone else has gone home
And the stark realisation descends upon me
That Billy will never return

So, I’ll jump on a train back to Stansted
And say goodbye to Old London Town
Where the West End no longer beckons
Now it’s lost its sparkling crown

I remember those great years in London
When Billy was flying high
And, as all the memories come flooding back into my mind,
I’m finding it hard not to cry
Farewell, Billy London, Goodbye

Pat
CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by CJ-Rochester »

That was beautiful, Pat! Your eloquent reviews of the London show will certainly be missed.
-Chris
Westletonion
Miner

Post by Westletonion »

Thanks Pat. They were the words of a really true fan and supporter of the show.

Return to “Reviews - London”