Tall boy?

KR200
Small Boy

Tall boy?

Post by KR200 »

Question: Is Kennedy still listed as TB in the Playbill? I noticed in the tracking Jack/Dillon (the Michaels) have been rotating the role in Toronto. This is interesting because usually one of the Billys fills in for TB.
Chicago
Billy: Giuseppe x1, JP x2, Marcus x2, Tommy x1, Cesar x2
Michael: Keean x4, Dillon x3, Jack x1
Debbie: Maria x8, TB: Spencer x6, Kennedy x2, SB: Mark x6, Elijah x2

NYC
Billy: David Ax1, Tanner x1, Trent x1
Michael: Keean x1, Frank x2
mrmikerocks
Miner

Re: Tall boy?

Post by mrmikerocks »

Some told me that they have decided to use the standby Michael as the Tall Boy with the Billys as backup.
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

As was mentioned in another thread, Kennedy Ballard is no longer with the show as of November 28, 2010 - the last show in Chicago. Apparently the decision was made to go with the standby Michael to play the role of Tall Boy/Posh Boy in Toronto.
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

allthatsknown wrote:Ehem... Mr. Porchesrules, the closing date of Chicago was the 28th =P
Ooops. I knew that. Typo. And fixed. Thank you sir.
KR200
Small Boy

Post by KR200 »

allthatsknown wrote: Sad to see him not listed, but I would love to see Dillons tall boy!! That would be a riot and a half!
I was just about to post the same thing!
Chicago
Billy: Giuseppe x1, JP x2, Marcus x2, Tommy x1, Cesar x2
Michael: Keean x4, Dillon x3, Jack x1
Debbie: Maria x8, TB: Spencer x6, Kennedy x2, SB: Mark x6, Elijah x2

NYC
Billy: David Ax1, Tanner x1, Trent x1
Michael: Keean x1, Frank x2
Todd
Dad

Post by Todd »

Sorry to hear they don't have a separate actor to play tall boy. Had they done the same thing in New York or on the two US tours, we might have never had the pleasure of seeing such fine performers as Keean Johnson, Spencer Milford and Landon Harris.
Ali H
Audience Member

Post by Ali H »

Are they also only using one small boy? The pictures of the board that I've seen do not show who is playing Small Boy, which would seem to indicate that there is only one.
Billy Fanatic
Small Boy

Post by Billy Fanatic »

Todd wrote:Sorry to hear they don't have a separate actor to play tall boy. Had they done the same thing in New York or on the two US tours, we might have never had the pleasure of seeing such fine performers as Keean Johnson, Spencer Milford and Landon Harris.
Nor would we have the pleasure of seeing the superb Ben Cook do so much with such a small role.
Billy Fanatic
"Normal not to be normal"

BROADWAY - 19:
Billy: Alex K. x3, Giuseppe x1, Jacob x2, Joseph x5, Julian x2, Myles x1, Peter x4, Tade x1
Michael: Cameron x7, Jack x5, Jake S. x2, Neil x5
Debbie: Georgi x5, Lilla x14
Small Boy: Alex D. x10, Seth x3, Zachary x6
Tall Boy/Posh Boy: Ben x12, Giuseppe x1, Joseph x2, Julian x2, Myles x1, Tade x1

TOUR - 3
RICHMOND, VA:

Billy: Ben x1, Drew x1, Noah x1
Michael: Jake K. x1, Sam x2
Debbie: Samantha x3
Small Boy: Cal x3
Tall Boy/Posh Boy: Jake K. x2, Sam x1
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

Ali H wrote:Are they also only using one small boy? The pictures of the board that I've seen do not show who is playing Small Boy, which would seem to indicate that there is only one.
Yes. Gabriel Varga-Watt is the only Small Boy. As with the US National tour cast, they have one of the small ballet girls as u/s.
Todd
Dad

Post by Todd »

Billy Fanatic wrote:Nor would we have the pleasure of seeing the superb Ben Cook do so much with such a small role.
Oops. :oops: Sorry to have left Ben off my list. You're right, I saw him last summer in New York and he did a great job in his role - as well as being very friendly to visit with fans at the stage door afterwards.

It is too bad that the kids who play the tall boys - along with the girls who are cast in the ballet girl roles - don't have an opportunity to show their true dance talents at some point in the show. The ballet girls - while having some good stage time during "Shine" and "Solidarity" - are often supposed to be appearing to be beginners, and not the accomplished dancers that I'm sure many of them are.

Maybe during the Finale, it would be fun for those who perform in these roles to get a brief moment to shine. In the case of Keean Johnson and Landon Harris, they were both Billy finalists, so you know they must be pretty accomplished dancers if they got that far in the casting process. How cool would it be to see them do a series of pirouettes, leaps, or flips across the stage in the Finale, just to give them a moment - however brief - to show their talents ? I don't believe the tall boy does any dancing in the show - even in the Finale - but just shows up at the curtain call, right ?

I ran across this video showing Billy Camp from last spring, featuring current Billys Joseph Harrington and Kylend Hetherington. After watching it again, I realized the other boy with them is Landon Harris - showing that he is indeed a talented ballet dancer. Never knew who that other kid was, but recognized him after seeing him recently in the national tour. He shows up at the 35 second mark in the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sn_Gw5Qx ... re=related

Return to “Cast - Toronto”