It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:26 am

All times are UTC

Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Forum Rules

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: New Billy posters
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 10:14 am 
Mrs Wilkinson

There are some new posters in London (including one very prominently placed at the entrance to the Tube station at Heathrow) which have the 2013 Olivier Audience Award captioned. It is great to see that, in these new posters, they have reverted to the original depiction of a proper Billy and not that offensive and very poorly photo-shopped denim-clad delinquent that was delivered when the US version came about. It now just remains for that monstrosity on the front of the VP to be taken down, thrown into the mass of rubble next door and buried forever. Soon, I hope.

Pat

Post subject: Re: New Billy posters
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 10:46 am 
Gallery Admin
Billy

That's good to hear. These must have just gone up in the past few days as some of us were only discussing last weekend that there were no posters anywhere advertising BETM.

patc wrote:
It now just remains for that monstrosity on the front of the VP to be taken down, thrown into the mass of rubble next door and buried forever. Soon, I hope.

Pat

I totally agree.

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 11:41 am 
George

Noticed a fair size one at Kings Cross St Pancras Tube station, going towards Kings Cross main line,its the programme Angry Dance Style.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 12:49 pm 
Billy

I too noticed the lack of any posters or leaflets at the West End displays at Terminal 3; I am glad they have been returned - with a better photo!

(Who is the Billy currently on the poster outside the VPT?)

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 1:17 pm 
Site Moderator
Billy

patc wrote:
It now just remains for that monstrosity on the front of the VP to be taken down, thrown into the mass of rubble next door and buried forever. Soon, I hope.
I agree! It's horrible! Awful! Please take it down and ship it off to America!

PM me for my address. :D

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 3:58 pm 
Miner

Well thank goodness for that. That other stupid charicature is so unrepresentative of what the show is all about, and I agree, the sooner it is dumped and replaced the better.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 4:38 pm 
Site Admin
Billy

kport wrote:
I too noticed the lack of any posters or leaflets at the West End displays at Terminal 3; I am glad they have been returned - with a better photo!

Do you mean on the Marquee? That is George Maguire's head photoshopped onto a older teen body. But the "new" old poster with the younger Billy is also George Maguire's head (obviously a different shot) photoshopped onto a young boy's body.

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.

Post subject: A photo would be nice .......
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 8:03 pm 
George

Until this corrected and approved image (from what has been posted so far) propagates around the world, it would be nice if some Londoner or even a tatty tourist such as myself (which I will be once again in October) would grab an image and post it here in the most obvious place.

Pretty Please??

tzwicky

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 9:24 pm 
Billy

ERinVA wrote:
kport wrote:

Do you mean on the Marquee? That is George Maguire's head photoshopped onto a older teen body. But the "new" old poster with the younger Billy is also George Maguire's head (obviously a different shot) photoshopped onto a young boy's body.

Ah, thanks. A couple of FrankenBillys!

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 11:33 am 
George

All this talk of new posters and no one has thought to take pictures and show those of us in the colonies what you are talking about :cry: :? :D

Brad