National Lottery Appearance

ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

National Lottery Appearance

Post by ERinVA »

According to this post from the official fb page, the BETM cast will be doing a special performance this evening on the National Lottery:

https://www.facebook.com/BillyElliotthe ... =1&theater
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
OliverWaters
Ballet Girl

Re: National Lottery Appearance

Post by OliverWaters »

I just sat through the Lottery, and there was no Billy!

edit: Tina Hobley pressed the button for the first draw, and was described as "the first of two guests", so I'm guessing whatever happened/changed was last minute...
Occam's razor: The simplest answer is the most probable.

Oliver's razor: The most boring answer is the most probable.
Darth_Revan
Ballet Girl

Post by Darth_Revan »

OliverWaters wrote:I just sat through the Lottery, and there was no Billy!
I'm disappointed too :(
---
István
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

I watched it too; nothing. I expect these 'live' lottery shows are edited at the last moment.

If you look at the BETM Facebook announcement, linked three posts above, and scan the most recent comments, our disappointment will not be exclusive.

I read an earlier comment posted today (that I cannot scroll back to find now) from an Ensemble member (Paul Basleigh) saying that the BETM bit has been pre-recorded; so I suppose that it may be shown at a later date. Thank goodness for BBC IPlayer and the ability to watch it again, if it does turn up in the future!
OliverWaters
Ballet Girl

Post by OliverWaters »

kport wrote: I read an earlier comment posted today (that I cannot scroll back to find now) from an Ensemble member (Paul Basleigh) saying that the BETM bit has been pre-recorded; so I suppose that it may be shown at a later date. Thank goodness for BBC IPlayer and the ability to watch it again, if it does turn up in the future!
I don't have Facebook, so thanks for that :) if Ensemble were there, I wonder what song(s) they perform, I'd have expected Electricity and/or Shine.

Darth_Revan
Ballet Girl

Post by Darth_Revan »

kport wrote:I watched it too; nothing. I expect these 'live' lottery shows are edited at the last moment.

If you look at the BETM Facebook announcement, linked three posts above, and scan the most recent comments, our disappointment will not be exclusive.

I read an earlier comment posted today (that I cannot scroll back to find now) from an Ensemble member (Paul Basleigh) saying that the BETM bit has been pre-recorded; so I suppose that it may be shown at a later date. Thank goodness for BBC IPlayer and the ability to watch it again, if it does turn up in the future!
it seemed like there was not enough time left to broadcast the Billy segment, which is strange as the only live part of the program was the actual drawing of the lottery numbers, so they knew exactly how much time they had.
---
István
OliverWaters
Ballet Girl

Post by OliverWaters »

The continuity announcer said something about "it was filmed before the Paris incidents", so maybe they were going to do Solidarity (as a post upthread said a male adult from Ensemble was involved), and the violent nature of the show would be "insensitive" in recent events?

The gameshow part of the show wasn't eventful enough to warrant overtime, unless we count that woman's crazy facial expressions!

Darth_Revan
Ballet Girl

Post by Darth_Revan »

OliverWaters wrote:The continuity announcer said something about "it was filmed before the Paris incidents"

I was wondering about this announcement. Why was this relevant info? Because the trip to Paris?! It did not make any sense to me.
---
István
OliverWaters
Ballet Girl

Post by OliverWaters »

Darth_Revan wrote:
OliverWaters wrote:The continuity announcer said something about "it was filmed before the Paris incidents"

I was wondering about this announcement. Why was this relevant info? Because the trip to Paris?! It did not make any sense to me.
Ohh I guess that makes more sense than my rambling over-thinkedness!

kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

The good news is, whether shown or not, the cast will have received standard BBC Equity rates. They deserve it.

Return to “Publicity - London”