Are You going to see Billy Elliot in Norway?

A place of its own for polls

Are you going to see BETM Norway?

Yes. I've got my tickets already.
15%
Yes, I'm planning to go.
No votes
I think so.
No votes
Maybe.
10%
If only I had the time.
10%
I don't think so.
45%
Naaa, don't speak norwegian.
10%
Norway? No way!
10%

Total votes: 20

thm
Miner

Are You going to see Billy Elliot in Norway?

Post by thm »

I wonder if forum members are going to show up in Oslo, Norway this september. :?:
I will. Have my tickets, hotel and flight. :P
angelenroute
Billy

Re: Are You going to see Billy Elliot in Norway?

Post by angelenroute »

Would if I could! I hope those who travel as much as you do all know how lucky/blessed (choose your preferred word) you are!!! :D

Sean

"Good writers define reality; bad ones merely restate it." -Edward Albee
thm
Miner

Post by thm »

angelenroute wrote:..those who travel as much as you do...
...well, I keep bragging with every little short trip I do. 8-) I guess that gives a little biased impression. I see it as compensatory justice to the rest of my boring everyday life. But would you like me be whining about it ?? No?? :lol:
tzwicky
George

London versus the rest of the planet.

Post by tzwicky »

So I voted.

But to expand on that vote, I would have to say that as long as Billy is at the VPT, I will go there, irrespective of where BETM could pop up, in any country.

Once it moves from the VPT (short-term or long) and we no longer have the marvelous set that has been my "other reality" since 2005, even if the show moves to say, the Theatre Royal on Drury Lane where I saw "Oliver" several times and have seen the full mechanical wizardry this historic theatre is capable of, I would not be so 100% set on London.

On the other hand, the concept of seeing BETM in a foreign language would for me only remain interesting for a few shows, but thereafter I'd find that I like the "full" experience an English speaking BETM offers -- not just the story I know but not (I think I just went doubneg) a story that is presented in a language I cannot even begin to comprehend.

That having been said, if the Tourist Board for Norway or some town or civic group wants to offer me a trip with a hotel (or a quaint B&B) and provide plane fare and all that ... well, I'd change my mind (as if there was something to work with in that case) and rush right over and act like a Canadian (we Americans have an image problem so the Red Maple Leaf is my symbol of choice when traveling) and learn a phrase in the local lingo which would hopefully cause the local to say, in English, "It's OK, we all speak English, too" so I could ease everyone to my monolinguistic life with a wee bit of trickery.

So my preference would be to see BETM always at the VPT. Secondly, BETM at a good venue elsewhere in London. Lastly, wherever BETM is available (but ruling out the venue if it's an outdoor amphitheatre) even if it's in a foreign tongue, like Midwestern, American (not that I have a grudge against St. Louis .... really!). Yeah, the language would be bad enough to deal with, but as an older gentleman of a certain age, ahem, "we do not do outdoor events. Full stop!"

tzwicky
Darth_Revan
Ballet Girl

Post by Darth_Revan »

I will see the Norwegian Billy on 26th and 27th September.
On Friday from row 1/seat 2 on the balcony
on Saturday from row 1/seat 14 on the stalls
---
István

Return to “Polls”