War Horse

Chat about other shows here
PaulT
Small Boy

War Horse

Post by PaulT »

Just over a week until War Horse moves to the New London Theatre. If you haven't seen it yet you have missed a treat. Check out the short video clip on http://www.nationaltheatre.org.uk/36800 ... horse.html
Friar on old forum
hecouldshine
Small Boy

Re: War Horse

Post by hecouldshine »

I'm planning on taking the children to this in half term week in the summer. We're really looking forward to it. Haven't got tickets yet so if anyone can recommend goods seats at the New London Theatre it would be very helpful, otherwise I will scrawl through theatremonkey's suggestions.
JohnH
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Post by JohnH »

I really want to see this on one of my trips later in the year. I got to go inside one of the 'puppet' horses and play with the controls on a back stage tour of the National Theatre last month.

I would highly recommend the back stage tour, it was very interesting and enlightening (eatable vomit!). You can get more information on the tour here: http://www.nationaltheatre.org.uk/18/ba ... tours.html. In fact, you can see the horse I was in on that page! :)
jen
Miner

Post by jen »

Not to be missed.
It is a great show that people do come and see. Because it's not
just a show for adults, or just for children, or just for people that
like theatre, I'd say for everyone, and it's got so much emotion
behind it. Because who ever comes and sees it, feels the story -
so I think: it's brilliant!" (GM)
hammy
Ballet Girl

Post by hammy »

I just watched the trailer for this on youtube and wow, i've got to go see this!
Leon 2/05/07, Josh 28/12/07, Corey 16/06/08, Corey 12/07/08, Layton 28/08/08, Tanner 27/12/08, Fox 4/07/09, Tom 15/08/2009, Tom (5th Anniversary show) - 31/3/2010, Rhys 21/10/10
PaulT
Small Boy

Post by PaulT »

hecouldshine wrote:I'm planning on taking the children to this in half term week in the summer. We're really looking forward to it. Haven't got tickets yet so if anyone can recommend goods seats at the New London Theatre it would be very helpful, otherwise I will scrawl through theatremonkey's suggestions.

Don't use theatremonkey book through the National Theatre website (or ring them up) that way there is no booking fee and as the NT is a charity there is no VAT and you help to support the NT. Though it has moved it is still an NT production in essence.
Friar on old forum
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

Review in the Daily Mail today. They loved it

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/re ... tches.html
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
ITK
Tall Boy

Post by ITK »

I'm very excited to see this next month.
ITK
Tall Boy

Post by ITK »

I saw it tonight and can clearly see what everyone has been raving about. Sensational piece. Couldn't find any faults, every element was just so well done.
NoDayButToday
Tall Boy

Post by NoDayButToday »

finally went to see this yesterday, best play I've seen in a long time, if you haven't been, go!
Layton x1 Brad x1 Ollie x2 Fox x1 Tom x1(5th bday show) Dean CC x1

:)

Return to “Discuss all other Shows - UK”