Coming to Norway!

Elin
Small Boy

Coming to Norway!

Post by Elin »

Announced just a few minutes ago.

Where: Folketeateret, Oslo
Opening night: September 18, 2014

Tickets are already on sale for some performances, priced from NOK 195-995 (gasp).
(GBP 20-100 )

I'll be there with bells on. :D

http://www.folketeateret.no/Hva-skjer/Billy-Elliot
https://www.facebook.com/folketeateret
Elin
Small Boy

Re: Coming to Norway!

Post by Elin »

ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

From looking at the site, I see that the dates for the run are very limited. Also, the logo and promo video suggest that this is going to be a production similar to the regional productions currently planned for the Muny and Ogunquit Playhouse in the US. Or, is this a start of a European tour?

Elin, what are your thoughts about what this production will be?
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
Elin
Small Boy

Post by Elin »

There will be more dates.
thm
Miner

Post by thm »

Thanks for posting that, Elin!
I am now proud owner of a premiere ticket for thursday 18 sep :lol: :lol: :lol: 8-) 8-) 8-)

And a VIP seat in row 1 in the orchestra(stalls) on saturday matinee.
Seems like there's no restricted view in the front row! :geek: '
accessmenj
Mr Braithwaite

Post by accessmenj »

Does anyone know who this possible future Billy is? Does this mean that a Billy has already been chosen for Norway?
thm
Miner

Post by thm »

They are selling tickets already. They sure have found their Billys or at least enough apt candidates. But as they focus on their current Pippi staging we may have to wait before they start advertising Billy big time. Keep checking http://www.scenekvelder.no for news. But there's no mention of BE yet.
trn
Audience Member

Post by trn »

ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Thanks for the link, trn. Here's the English that my translation program came up with:
Billy Elliot, the young boy from northern England who dreams of becoming a ballet dancer. A bit like Kevin himself.
It is almost a year to premiere on Square in Oslo, 18 September 2014. But Kevin is the only time and way.
In 2000, the film Billy Elliot, and in 2005, the musical, with music by Elton John, premiere in London - where it still runs. The set up in several places around the world and seen by eight million people so far.
Read Aftenposten Review of Billy Elliot on stage in London here: When the dance is life
Musikalboom i Oslo
Oslo hijacked musical
But now it is set up in Oslo - the first city in Europe after London.

Stepping is one of many genres Kevin Haugan needs.
PHOTO: Trygve Indrelid
And the main character, Billy, is already clear: Kevin Haugan from Oslo to bear the whole performance. When the question of the role came a month ago, the whole family went to London to see the musical.
- It was very nice - it was a lot of action, says Kevin who was impressed by the British and Billy says that he also did a "wall flip" (run on the wall, throwing himself backward and land on his feet).
- It's about a boy who goes on boxing, but who will dance - and then it strikes and a lot going on, he said.
Kevin Haugan looks quite relaxed when it comes to the difficult task he has undertaken. But at the same time determined and disciplined; every day after school trainer he Bårdar Dance Institute in Oslo, run by his parents.
- How did you find it to be offered this role?
- It was very funny. And I think it was especially fun that they hand picked me. In February there will be auditioning for other roles, says Kevin who began dancing when he was three years old.

Liza Minelli gives Billy Elliot composer Elton John Tony Awards for Best Musical in 2009.Here with one of Billy, David Alvarez
<

Mounted on the stage
It is the production company Stage Evenings who set up the show and who already knew Kevin from Hakkebakkeskogen and Pippi .But he can also refer to roles in other productions, like Oliver at Oslo Nye Teater and Putti Plutti Pott .
He is an actor, singer and dancer. And when Aftenposten hit him, he comes right from dubbing in a studio to practice Bårdar.
- I train Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday - and then I play football with my friends on Sunday, he said.
- But it is nine months to premiere. Do you start training already?

It clattered angrily in the parquet when Kevin Haugan swings in step-dancing shoes.
PHOTO: Trygve Indrelid
- Yes, I have to train acrobatics, stepping, dancing and a little different, says Kevin and lists the different genres he needs: hip hop, break, modern jazz, ballet, step.
- What is more fun?
- I really like everything. I started first with proper break. And then I started Bårdar Talent with jazz and modern dance and all that - and it was also very fun. And then I started with step - and really seems that everything is just as fun.
Getting the role of Billy's dream for quite a few kids who like to dance and perform on stage, he believes.
Billy achieve his dream - he finally comes into the Royal Ballet School. Kevin dreams of being a star in Hollywood and work in theater and film.
But he's not sure he as an adult gets a big role again as Billy.

Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

From the way this article reads, it would imply that there's only going to be one boy playing Billy. Does that seem plausible? Or is Kevin merely the first of several boys who will be announced to play Billy?

Return to “Chat About BETM - Norway (2014/15 Production)”