Chat about Billy Elliot Denmark

thm
Miner

Re: Looks like BETM is going to Denmark

Post by thm »

The show is planned until 3rd May plus prolongation until 3rd june.

Received an email from the theatre :

Tickets go on sale from Saturday February 1st !

I think that's a definit YES for the show to open January 2015 :D 8-)
DenP
Small Boy

Post by DenP »

Ticket sales has been opened this morning!
thm
Miner

Post by thm »

Today I secured my tickets from the theatre's box office. 8-) Not only was there no queue, according to my seat numbers I was the very first person to buy a ticket :D (row1 seat1)that's right in the middle. For the opening night, january 22nd 2015, a thursday , the entire stalls section (danish gulv) and dress circle (balkon) are unfortunately reserved for press and VIPs and not (yet) available for us menial staff. ;) On the theatre's seating chart you can't identify the figures - anyone ordering tickets online: odd/even numbers count up from the middle to the sides.

The show will run until 3rd may and may be prolonged.
Performances:
Wednesdays, Thursdays 19:30h
Fridays 20:00h
Saturdays 15:00h and 20:00h
Sundays 15:00h

Tickets available http://www.detnyteater.dk/billetter/
Orhttp://www.billetnet.dk/search.php?lang ... ader_lang6

I realised that online ticket selling does not offer the best available actual free seats but only a different contingent starting fx stalls row 1 seat 17 whilst the box office still has better seats towards the center of the row. You might be better off trying to reserve tickets via phone or email. :?
thm
Miner

Post by thm »

Just seen Evita yesterday - an outstanding performance. The main cast are really excellent singers and got strong, clear voices. The orchestra had a terrific sound.
Yet I realised the theatre is rather small compared to other Billy-theatres:

VPT 1433 seats + alcove and loge - if there wasn't the aisle: 28 seats in front row
IMPERIAL NYC 1443 seats- without aisles 24-26 seats in front row
Oslo 1400 seats - 24 seats in front row
Afas Circustheater The Hague over 1800 seats - 35 seats in second row

Only 1000 seats in 'Det Ny Teater' Copenhagen and 17 seats in the front row. :?
The stage portal is not very wide. They will have to compress the scenery. And Billy will have to obey a speed-limit for Electricity :lol:
accessmenj
Mr Braithwaite

Post by accessmenj »

In my experience, the smaller the theater, the more intimate and enjoyable the experience of Billy Elliot The Musical.
Lola
Tall Boy

Post by Lola »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocE-MkW5Roo

Check out this short TV report about the upcoming Danish production. Although I don't understand a word it looks like this is going to be a very professional production indeed!
The boys are very talented dancers. I don't know if these boys have already been cast or if this is still an audition.

thm, you speak Danish, don't you? Maybe you could tell us in a short version what's being said?
thm
Miner

Post by thm »

Thanks Lola for that finding ! Yes the boys in the video are chosen to play in Billy Elliot. But it's still a long way and nothing is definit yet. The video is filmed at the 'Billy Elliot School' which is located under the Theatre's roof above the auditorium.
One of them - Oscar Dietz- is a very popular child actor in Denmark. He plays the title role in the recent film 'Antboy' (available on DVD/BD) and he can sing : search youtube for his name and songs like 'Bjørnebanden - Fyr den af' , 'endeløst'(endless) you will like that one even if it's in danish or one in english: 'junkie for love'.
Lola
Tall Boy

Post by Lola »

thm wrote:Yes the boys in the video are chosen to play in Billy Elliot. But it's still a long way and nothing is definit yet. The video is filmed at the 'Billy Elliot School' which is located under the Theatre's roof above the auditorium.
Oh right, they have their own Billy Elliot School, I forgot about that! It looks like they're starting to advertise the show right now:

Yesterday this very informative article about the upcoming production was released: http://www.aok.dk/scene/reportage-syv-d ... lly-elliot
Sounds like they narrowed it down from 500 to 7 boys who will perform as Billy and Michael. Since they all get the same training it does not sound like they've decided who will play which part yet.
According to the article the boys did not have much of a dancing background. It certainly doesn't look like it in the video!

To the article belongs this series of 56 photos shot at the Billy School. It certainly is worth a look! http://www.aok.dk/scene/billedserie-bal ... en#slide-1
Maybe I will get myself up to Copenhagen in 2015. It's not THAT far from where I live...
thm wrote:One of them - Oscar Dietz- is a very popular child actor in Denmark. He plays the title role in the recent film 'Antboy' (available on DVD/BD)
Haha right I saw the trailer only yesterday :D I thought he looked familiar!
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Thanks, Lola. I especially enjoyed the photo series.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
thm
Miner

Post by thm »

Found a photo of the production "The Beauty and the Beast" beeing staged. It says that for this production they install new stage escalators. Since the stagefloor is above groundlevel they obviously got lots of space below the stage. I think for BETM we can expect a set like the VPT.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... nt_count=1

On the facebook site of 'Det Ny Teater' it says the 7 Boys chose to use the first 3 weeks of their summer holidays to intesively train dance, acrobatic, acting and singing.

Return to “Chat About Billy Elliot - Denmark”