Kevin Haugan - Billy

porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Kevin Haugan - Billy

Post by porschesrule »

At least one of the Billys has been chosen for the Oslo, Norway production of BETM. (Note: To read the article you'll need translation software).

http://www.aftenposten.no/kultur/Jubler ... vPAMWJdV8E
LiamM
Technical Advisor
Technical Advisor

Re: Kevin Haugan - Billy (Norway)

Post by LiamM »

Watch the video. He is a first-rate tapper! He can do single-foot wings. Many Billys can't do proper double-foot wings (which are much easier).
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Re: Kevin Haugan - Billy

Post by Billy Whiz »

This was posted on the Billy Elliot the Musical Facebook site yesterday.
Freddy Haugan Our family are going to se Billy Elliot in April. Our son Kevin is going to play Billy in the Musical Billy Elliot in Oslo, Norway.
The opening will be the 18.th of Sept. 2014.
https://www.facebook.com/BillyElliottheMusical
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

I'm assuming the show will be in Norwegian?

If it was in English I may fancy a little trip to Norway as it's on my list of countries that I would like to visit.
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

I cannot speak for others but, provided the show's script had not changed, I would be able to understand it in Klingon.

Seeing it delivered in Norwegian would simply be an added bonus.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

I expect that, given this is a Norwegian cast, the script will be translated, similar to what was done with the Korean production.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
thm
Miner

Post by thm »

There's a 'meet the Billy'- interview on the production company's website:http://scenekvelder.no/2014/03/billy-el ... mot-billy/

Here a translation:

Kevin Haugan is 12 years old and will play the title role in BILLY ELLIOT this autumn at Folketeateret. He played in the role of 'Klatremus'(cat burglar) in 'Hakkebakkeskogen'(shovel soil forest), roles in OLIVER TWIST, PUTTI PUTTI POTT(don't ask me! :lol: ) and PIPPI LONGSTOCKING.
He also dubbed for several movies and series both for TV and cinema. We interviewed Kevin and asked him 10 quick questions. Read the interview and become more familiar with the lad that shall play the role of Billy Elliot this coming autumn.

Kevin Haugan, 12yo, 6th grader at 'Bekkelaget'-school

1) WHAT ARE YOU MOST LOOKING FORWARD TO?

I am mostly looking forward to dance , sing and be on stage and play with the other actors.

2) WHICH DANCE STYLE IS MOST ENJOYABLE ?

I really like all of the dance. The choreography 'Electricity' in the musical Billy Elliot contains all dance styles in one choreography. I like that because then I feel FREE !

3) WHICH DANCE STYLE IS MOST DIFFICULT ?

Because I haven't danced much ballet yet, I think that this dance style is the most difficult .The style is difficult because everything must be perfect and I have to stretch my legs and toes all the time. Ballet technique also requires a lot of precision. In ballet every move is apparent.

4) IF YOU SHOULD DESCRIBE YOURSELF IN 3 WORDS , WHAT WOULD THESE BE ?

Humorous , kind and vibrant.

5) WHAT DO YOUR TYPICAL MONDAYS AND TYPICAL SATURDAYS LOOK LIKE ?

A typical Monday feels like all the other weekdays: School, eat, training and sleep. A typical Saturday to sleep a little longer before the training starts.The difference between mondays and saturdays is, that on saturdays I may stay up as long as I want to.

6)WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SONG AT THE MOMENT ?

My favorite song is now Red Ryder Carbine Action BB Gun, with Clarke Hallum 'A Christmas Story'.

7) WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE CANDY ?

Pink and blue cola bottles. ( wine gums )

8) WHAT DO YOU EAT FOR BREAKFAST ?

Most often oatmeal with milk.

9) WHAT RHYMES WITH 'DANS'(DANCE) ?

Sans(sense) , glans(gloss) , Frans, Hans (the names)....

10) WHERE ARE YOU IN ABOUT 10 YEARS ?

In case I reach my goals within 10 years , I'll be in HOLLYWOOD and work with film , TV , dancing and other entertainment.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Thanks for the link to the interview, and especially for the translation, thm. :D

Now I am wondering what kind of "Electricity" Kevin will be doing.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
angelenroute
Billy

Post by angelenroute »

Thank you SO MUCH for all the time you put into translating this for us!!! Very nice of you!

Sean
thm
Miner

Post by thm »

Billy Whiz wrote:... the show will be in Norwegian?

If it was in English I may fancy a little trip to Norway...
What does it have to be in english for? You know the lines anyway, don't you? :D

Return to “Cast - Norway (2014/15 Production)”