Halvor Lyrån Moland - Tall Boy

ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Halvor Lyrån Moland - Tall Boy

Post by ERinVA »

Halvor Lyrån Moland has been cast as Tall Boy for the Norwegian production:

http://www.dagbladet.no/2014/03/29/kult ... /32419738/

In real life, he is the son of Mrs. Wilkinson, Hilde Lyrån.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
accessmenj
Mr Braithwaite

Re: Halvor Lyrån - Tall Boy

Post by accessmenj »

It sounds like they are expecting him to be in the show for many months.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

I could not get my translator to work on that article, so I have no idea.
Ellen

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
thm
Miner

Post by thm »

I wonder if there are any Norwegian forum members :?: :shock: :?: . Else I'll keep trying to interprete here and there. Well, at least it gives me a learning effect :lol:
angelenroute
Billy

Post by angelenroute »

thm wrote:I wonder if there are any Norwegian forum members :?: :shock: :?: . Else I'll keep trying to interprete here and there. Well, at least it gives me a learning effect :lol:
I think there may be, but even if there weren't now, I predict there will be more soon!!! :D

Sean
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

Here is Google's translation effort:
When "Billy Elliot" premieres in the autumn as this year's big family musical, it is her character, as a dance teacher, who discovers Billy, says Hilde Lyrån (who will play Mrs. Wilkinson).

"It is hard work," she says.

But Hilde has already discovered her son's (Halvor's) talent. Last year he participated in "Oliver Twist" at Oslo Nye, ( http://www.oslonye.no ) and now he will play the role of Tall Boy - along with his mum.

"I've decided. I should be an actor," (says Halvor).

"I have always been doing dance and theater, and after I was in "Oliver Twist" I had no doubt. This is what I want," says Halvor.

Mum Hilde has not tried to talk him out of it but has come up with some realistic suggestions.

It is hard work (she says).

"My two children have grown up with a mother who has played cabaret, film and theater. They have joined and know what it's about. It is hard work, and it becomes an increasingly tough battle for the roles," says Lyrån.

"I'm glad I debuted 30 years ago; I would not like to be a young actor today. It oozes out of people, and there is a lot of strong talent competing for roles. So I hope you know what you are going, (Halvor)" Mom says in a slightly admonishing tone.

But Halvor has decided.

School goes ahead anyway. He goes on Hovseter school, but he does not let homework and lessons slide, although he will practice and play in the theater for half the year. Producer Kari Anne Jaeger is adamant when she says that the school takes precedence over everything. "Therefore you have three children for each child role, so that it becomes a rollover."

"I'm sure we will repeat the success we had with 'Annie'," says Jaeger.

The musical "Billy Elliot" is based on a 14 year old movie. The music is by Elton John. The rights to "Billy Elliot" has just been available outside the West End and Broadway.

"Billy Elliot" will be the new "Annie"'

Many will stage the play, and Norway is among the first. The industry believes that "Billy Elliot" will be as popular as "Annie" - with full houses in monthly basis.

"Billy Elliot" is not so well known in Norway as "Annie," but it's going to be as great a success, says Lyrån.

Kevin Haugan will play the lead role of Billy the Director will be Lars Erik Holter and musical director Atle Halstensen.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Thanks for the google translation, kport. I couldn't get it to work on this article.
Ellen

Return to “Cast - Norway (2014/15 Production)”