WHAT MELBOURNE IS CLOSING????!!!!

02cscott
Audience Member

WHAT MELBOURNE IS CLOSING????!!!!

Post by 02cscott »

Is it true that the Australian Billy Elliot is closing!? I am going to Australia in June and was so hoping to fly down to Melbourne to see it. If it is I am actually gutted!!! :'(
Seriously The Best Ever Musical!!!!

2nd October 2007: Corey Snide
4th January 2008: Layton Williams
17th April 2008: Corey Snide
12th May 2008: Layton Williams
29th October 2008: Tom Holland
1st June 2009: Ollie Gardiner
23rd September 2010: Ollie Gardiner
1st December 2011: Adam Vesperman
24th July 2012: Adam Vesperman
12th December 2013: Ali Rasul
28th September 2014 (cinema): Elliott Hanna
12th May 2015: All current Billy's. (10th Birthday)
27th August 2015:
jillmichael
Tall Boy

Re: WHAT MELBOURNE IS CLOSING!!!!!!!!

Post by jillmichael »

I think it was only contracted for a 6 month run, so it's not closing early or anything...just on time. I know, it sucks...I would have given anything to have seen the Australian production.

But it is kind of stupid they are closing it because apparently it is still playing to packed houses.
billyelliot05
Small Boy

Post by billyelliot05 »

Closes Sunday 14th. On that day there is a 3.00pm session. Thats it after that. Damn!
NIKKIE-NIKKIE
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Post by NIKKIE-NIKKIE »

From the entire forum, we wish the Melbourne cast a great final show.

All participants of any of the shows, Cast and Crew (old and new) have been a true credit, and it is sad when we loose part of the "Billy" family.

Thank you for all the stunning performances that we have read about, especially from those who were fortunate to see the show in Melbourne or Sydney.

It is great that "BETM" has covered such a vast area, and I am sure will continue to do so, who knows where it will turn up next.

It has also brought loads of forum member's together and some fantastic friendships have been borne.

It is not just a fantastic show, it is so much more............
Take life with a pinch of salt.....a slice of lime, and a shot of tequila.
sleepylins
Ballet Girl

Post by sleepylins »

Well said NIKKIE. :D :D
Billy:-
Coreyx5, Samx1, Josh.Fx8, Trentx5, Laytonx7, Hoganx2, Fox x10, Tomx10, Tannerx6, Bradx5,Olliex6,Deanx5,Rhysx4,Aaronx2,Scottx2,Josh.Bx0,Ryanx1, Adamx0
Michael:-
Laytonx1, Shaunx14 1/5, Jontyx10 4/5, Danielx4, Lewisx9, Deanx4, Georgex5 , Jakex10, Connor.Dx3,Connor.Kx12, Joex3,Reecex2,Connor.Lx1
Debbie:-
Leighx1, Leycix6, Amyx7, Scarlettx15, Meganx6, Aliciax6, Annabellex6, Fleurx11,Francescax12,Emily.Sx8, Emily.Wx1
79 WONDERFUL SHOWS
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Here's an account of the final Melbourne show.
http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2009/ ... 33471.html
THE tutu-clad cast of Billy Elliot The Musical whooped and wept on stage last night as all nine Billys and five Michaels took their final curtain call, after dancing together in a thrilling display of tap, gymnastics and ballet.

While the first Billys have obviously had growth spurts, all nine pulled out the stops to show why they were chosen for this most demanding of singing-dancing-starring roles.
And then there's this:
While final Australian Billy, Josh Denyer, and his predecessors sleep off last night's break-up parties, the mechanists, electricians, flymen, props and wardrobe departments are hard at work today to pull apart and pack up Billy Elliot's world into 14 containers, ready to be shipped to the United States.

Everything that isn't nailed down needs to be shipped to the US quickly, said Ms Withers.
Hmmmmm..... San Francisco here we come?
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
thm
Miner

Post by thm »

While final Australian Billy, Josh Denyer, and his predecessors sleep .......pack up Billy Elliot's world into 14 containers, ready to be shipped to the United States.
The Billy's better should've read the small print in their contracts ! ;)
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Here's a goodbye message to Billy from Her Majesty's Theatre.
http://hmt.rfbf.com.au/goodbye-billy/
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

ERinVA wrote:Here's a goodbye message to Billy from Her Majesty's Theatre.
http://hmt.rfbf.com.au/goodbye-billy/
A very short goodbye message.
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
BillyAddict
Tall Boy

Post by BillyAddict »

One year today since BETM closed in Melbourne.
167 Performances!

Lochie x 21.5; Nick x 11; Corey x 1; Rhys x 19; Rarmian x 17.75; Dayton x 24.75; Josh W-G x 18; Michael x 19; Josh D x 12; Daniel x 3; Tom x 1; Ollie G x 1; Fox x 1, Liam R x 2, Alex x 5, Cesar x 2, Tommy x 1, John Peter x 1, Peter x 4, Jacob x 2.
Scott x 30; Thomas x 28.25; Joel x 31; Landen x 33.75; Liam x 14; Jake x 1; Connor x 1; George x 1, Trevor x 4, Jake Evan x 3, Gabriel x 8, Keean x 2, Neil x 11.
Fiona x 18; Rosie x 25; Shannon x 23; Kelsi x 23; Prudence x 2; Lauren x 10; Cassandra x 15; Nina x 9; Isabelle x 12; Fleur x 2; Francesca x 1, Issy x 7, Maria x 4, Georgi x 17.

Return to “Chat about Billy Elliot the Musical - Sydney & Melbourne (Australia)”