Big Billy Reunion

tankntonic
Ballet Girl

Big Billy Reunion

Post by tankntonic »

This is interesting, in the monthly newsletter from the Charlotte Leatherbarrow foundation ;there is an interview with Lauren Mead, who is one of their scholars, she refers to a Reunion of sorts:

" During April, I will also be attending a “Big Billy Reunion” to be held at Collins Performing Arts. This is for all past and present Billy boys and girls. During these 3 days, Alan Bradshaw, former Choreographer at Billy Elliot, will be incorporating in the master classes, Ballet, Jazz, Commercial, Contemporary and Acting for the camera. We will also be meeting with West End Reps in vocal coaching and choreography, going Ten Pin Bowling and eating at Nando’s (a Billy tradition)".

http://us5.campaign-archive1.com/?u=f6e ... e97b504a65
tankntonic
Ballet Girl

Re: Big Billy Reunion

Post by tankntonic »

Did not mean to post this under Games, but I am not sure where it should go, and I am too illiterate to move it anyhow. :)
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

It seems a very worthy endeavour; but I am wondering if it involves us as a group?

Clearly, any of us can become a supporter of this worthy foundation. But where do we, as a group, stand in terms of supporting this - or any related - cause?

I read recently an old post regarding a gift members of the Forum gave to a departing member of the cast in the early days.

And those wonderful books that a few members tirelessly put together for departing Billys.

Any suggestions or comments?
angelenroute
Billy

Post by angelenroute »

If the company reached out to us as a group, it'd be one thing, but I get the impression this is something private that has nothing to do with us by its very nature (reunion for the Billy family, especially those who knew Charlotte well). I can't speak for everyone certainly, but I don't think we should push in, even in an offering way, on something like this. Obviously the foundation would love your money anytime. :)
atreyu
George

Post by atreyu »

angelenroute wrote:If the company reached out to us as a group, it'd be one thing, but I get the impression this is something private that has nothing to do with us by its very nature
So you're saying, Don't Mess with The Billy Club. Can't disagree with that. :lol:
dancingboy
Billy

Post by dancingboy »

What I know of this, it is a workshop that has been arranged by Alan Bradshaw, one time cast member at BETM, ensemble member and occasional Mr Braithwaite and Children's Dance Captain and is for former Ballet Girls of the show. It is, I believe, taking place during the Easter weekend.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Yes, that is what this says. It's part of a "mini-interview" with Lauren Mead, one of the Charlotte Leatherbarrow Foundation's scholars (which, I presume, means that she receives a stipend from the foundation to study dance):
What is next for you? During April, I will also be attending a “Big Billy Reunion” to be held at Collins Performing Arts. This is for all past and present Billy boys and girls. During these 3 days, Alan Bradshaw, former Choreographer at Billy Elliot, will be incorporating in the master classes, Ballet, Jazz, Commercial, Contemporary and Acting for the camera. We will also be meeting with West End Reps in vocal coaching and choreography, going Ten Pin Bowling and eating at Nando’s (a Billy tradition). I am not sure what the summer holds for me yet. I would like to have a holiday somewhere!
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.

Return to “London Archive”