Photographs: Special Nights General Questions, Do's & Don'ts

All members must read the rules and announcements
NIKKIE-NIKKIE
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Photographs: Special Nights General Questions, Do's & Don'ts

Post by NIKKIE-NIKKIE »

I have copied this from the Photographs on Special Nights thread.

That thread was reference only, not discussions, otherwise people have to trawl through pages to find out the relevant information......please feel free to use this thread for Questions, Do's and Dont's ect.

My fault I normally lock it after I change it :oops:

The VPT and staff take a more lenient attitude to photographs during the curtain call on birthdays, galas, cast leaving etc. BUT, we should never make the assumption that this is the case on all special occasions. So always check the Photographs on Special Nights thread to see if permission has been given.

We will endeavour to seek guidance as to when and if photograph's can be taken, and post the information here.

Photo’s can only be taken during curtain calls, so for clarity this means after "Billy" had been raised on the chair, and the cast comes back onto the stage.

They MUST NOT be taken at any other time.

YOU MUST NEVER VIDEO, this is strictly prohibited at all times, even at curtain calls and on "Special/Gala nights".

Thanks Nikkie
Take life with a pinch of salt.....a slice of lime, and a shot of tequila.
Thomas
Ballet Girl

Re: Photographs on Special Nights.

Post by Thomas »

Hello,

are there any limitations to the type of camera?

Regards - Thomas
Leon 1, Fox 5, Ollie 8.5, Tom 3.5, Dean 11, Rhys 8, Aaron 5, Scott 5, Josh 4, Adam 4, Ryan 4
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

The photography is limited to still photos only--no videos.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
burtond
Michael

Post by burtond »

Great News :D
Lets hope we get a sympathetic VP Duty Manager on the night and of course, some wonderful momentos of the occasion.
Thanks to ERinVA and any others who may have been involved in negotiations.
An ex-Regular and someone who was Passionate about the show but who has now found the rest of the WEST END.
Thomas
Ballet Girl

Post by Thomas »

ERinVA wrote:The photography is limited to still photos only--no videos.
Sorry, I meant if I would be allowed to take my professional camera gear with me, or just a compact camera?
Leon 1, Fox 5, Ollie 8.5, Tom 3.5, Dean 11, Rhys 8, Aaron 5, Scott 5, Josh 4, Adam 4, Ryan 4
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

Thomas wrote:
Sorry, I meant if I would be allowed to take my professional camera gear with me, or just a compact camera?
Well I use a digital SLR so I can't see their being a problem as long as you don't bring your tripod as well :D :D ;)
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
Thomas
Ballet Girl

Post by Thomas »

Billy Whiz wrote:
Thomas wrote:
Well I use a digital SLR so I can't see their being a problem as long as you don't bring your tripod as well :D :D ;)
:lol: Good point. I was thinking about my mobile studio equipment :)

I already realized you are doing very good pictures!
Mike
Ballet Girl

Post by Mike »

Billy Whiz wrote:
Thomas wrote:

but ur camera does video also BW... :lol: :lol: :lol:
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

The staff at the door have never confiscated video cameras, or any kinds of cameras that I am aware of, but just because you can bring them in doesn't mean that you should use them. We are fortunate that the VP makes no issue of still photos after the chair lift on leaving nights, and forum members should respect that concession. If they say no video, then there should be no video.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
pexcornel
Miner

Post by pexcornel »

Last time I was there, a lady behind me was taking pictures with the flash and all (albeit after the chair lift) and a member of the staff intervened quite in force, ripped the camera from that lady and returned it 3 minutes after the show was over, I suppose with the deleted picture.

While she was doing that, she stayed in front of me for 10-15 seconds blocking my view of the stage.

Please respect the rules.

PS.
:) maybe not all the patrons understand what "filimin" is :)

I hope though that we will have a chance to take a picture of the 19 Billys on stage at some point, no?
Tanner x3; Fox x4; Ollie x3; Brad x2; Tom x4.

Return to “Rules & Announcements”