Alessandro Frola - Billy

porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Alessandro Frola - Billy

Post by porschesrule »

ERinVA wrote:Alessandro will receive the Faiano International Prize on July 12 for his portrayal of Billy in the Italian production company.

http://www.teatrionline.com/2015/07/ale ... iano-2015/
Here's a picture of Allessandro with his award:

http://www.billyelliot.it/wp-content/up ... lajano.jpg
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

porschesrule wrote:An interview of Allessandro:

http://www.bimbiparma.it/alessandro-fro ... a-il-volo/
Google's translation:

Very young, and with a wealth of international experience that any adult would envy, Alessandro Frola, from Parma, fourteen years old, is the star of "Billy Elliot the Musical." A dancer from an early age, Alexander, unlike the character he plays, he always had his mum and dad, "fantastic" parents, that have always supported and encouraged in his choices. All united by a single dream: to dance. Frola Francesco and Lucia Giuffrida, parents of Alexander are in fact the founders of one of the most important dance schools in Parma, "Professione Danza": under their guidance have formed some of the most important international talent, young people today who tread the boards of around the world, as their three sons Gabriel, Zarah and Alessandro, the smallest of Frola, chosen among a thousand, to interpret the first Italian version of "Billy Elliot the musical" produced by Peep Arrow Entertainment in association with Teatro Sistina, directed by Massimo Romeo Piparo. Alexander, who won the Flaiano International Award for the 2014-2015 season as an interpreter of the musical, as Billy has a dream, to dance; and with the sacrifices and dedication that this profession entails, he is trying to make it happen and take flight! And let's face it, he has all it takes to succeed.

Dance is part of you, you've got it in your blood since childhood because in your family are all professional dancers, but not only ... How and when did you start to move your first steps?

"I started dancing very young. My parents tell me that in just one year I already danced and used as the handle bar of the kitchen oven, or the evenings of summer, at the sea, on the shore. There were people who came on purpose to see me. At home I never stopped to create ballets and watch them using the many family dvds. I watched my parents very well at that time and still danced the night trying to mimic what I had seen. "

What is for you the dance?

"My life has always been, and future. I can not imagine my life without dancing. "

You are a joy to your parents in recent years by winning several scholarships. How important was it for you their support?

"I am very fortunate to have parents who support my dream. Not all are as lucky. From this point of view I have not struggled. Their support is important to me even if, at times, have to deal with parents dancers and teachers is not easy. "

Who is your role model, if you have one?

"I have no role models, I really admire the Cuban dancer Carlos Acosta and my brother Francesco Gabriele Frola that is first soloist with the National Ballet of Canada."

Let's talk about your interpretation of Billy Elliott. How did you feel when you announced that you'd be right to wear his clothes?

"Of course I'm excited, for me to play the part of a young boy with the dream of dance gave me the opportunity to externalize what I feel and I feel personally. I saw Billy Elliot in the theater and in my heart I had dreamed of being able to interpret it one day. But it seemed an unattainable dream, living in Italy. Thanks to Massimo Romeo Piparo, director and producer of the show, this dream has come true. "

Interpreting Billy Elliot on the best stages of our country has been very exciting for you. Dancing star of a first-ever is not all: every time is like the first?

"Well the first one was really exciting and maybe it was the show that I enjoyed because I was not a little 'tense and I felt under pressure. Then with the passing of time I am entered more into character and have even managed to excite. But I think the most emotional time is when I'm on the stage at the Teatro Regio in front of my city. "

Do you recognize yourself in some way in Billy Elliot?

"Definitely, for the hard work he does to achieve his dream and to convince his father and brother; but what we have in common is the unconditional love for dance. And the Royal Ballet, the school where Billy wants to go and that I attend summer since I was 10 years old. I was there again this year and won admission to the next. "

When you go up on stage at your age, how you feel? Fear, fear of making mistakes, or just lots of adrenalina and wanting to dance and then you fly ...?

"So much adrenaline, like dancing and then you fly ..." only "this". "

A born talent like you could only participate in Italy's got talent. What memories do you have of that experience? The same way?

"In Italy 's Got Talent I have experienced the same emotions of the competitors, however, was a new experience because it was the first time I performed for television and I must say that is very different from the theater. I would love to come back. "

You are very young and have already visited many parts of the world thanks to your talent. How do you feel to have had so many experiences more than your peers? And how do you see them?

"I consider myself very lucky. The course of professional dance in the school that I follow my parents' allows us to come into contact with many foreign teachers and many foreign companies. I got to know many countries and make me friends all over the world and put me in comparison with others. My friends ask me when I travel by what happened, but for them to have a friend is not a dancer, so our relations continue to be those of ordinary kids of 14 years. "

And tomorrow? Plans and hopes for the future?

"For the future I see myself on a stage dancing ballets of the classical repertoire. Maybe the Metropolitan in New York or Moscow's Bolshoi "
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

Alessandro will perform at Professione Danza Parma on Sunday, February 28, 2016.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php? ... 5159957233

http://www.danzainfiera.it/musical-e-da ... talia.html
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

A very nice interview with Alessandro by the Italian press:

http://www.sipario.it/attualita/dal-mon ... vieri.html
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

Alessandro Frola was Billy Elliot over 100 times in Italian productions of the musical in Rome and on tour. Today he is a member of the Hamburg Ballet. Learn about his journey in the Life After Billy segment of his profile:

https://betm.theskykid.com/meet-billy-e ... dro-frola/

Return to “Cast - Italy”