Hamburg, Germany, June 28-July 23, 2017

Then I saw her face
Small Boy

Re: Hamburg, Germany, June 28-July 23, 2017

Post by Then I saw her face »

Just booked seets middle first row on July 01, 2017 for my beloved wife and my two sons , the latter two who accompanied me in June 2015 resp. Feb.. 2016 to the Victoria. Glaaaaad. :D
Real Geordie
Ballet Girl

Post by Real Geordie »

Just booked seats middle first row on July 01, 2017 for my beloved wife and my two sons
You will see a few changes to what you saw in London at the Victoria Palace, although about 95% remains the same. Possibly you have read in the reviews about these changes. The biggest hurdle is to get the former cast members out of your head, and adjust to the completely different cast. For those of us fortunate enough to have been able to follow the tour within UK and Ireland this adjustment was made long ago. I can promise you that the tour cast are stunningly good. The four Billys - although all different from each other - are excellent. I am not sure how your fellow countrymen will understand the Geordie accent, however well they speak English. It’s difficult enough for native English speakers from other parts of the UK !

I hope you and your family have a great experience !
Then I saw her face
Small Boy

Post by Then I saw her face »

You will see a few changes to what you saw in London at the Victoria Palace, although about 95% remains the same. Possibly you have read in the reviews about these changes. The biggest hurdle is to get the former cast members out of your head, and adjust to the completely different cast.
Well, yes. The London production was, as I read somewhere else, a very mature production. As far as I remember Pat wrote in one of his reviews that the cast improved and was getting better and better to get the best out of it since the final show was announced. I was glad enough to attend some of these shows. Furthermore, the contrast of my last impression with lots of people in tears at the outstanding final London show to this return to normality couldn't be bigger. Otherwise, prior to the VPT I had the opportunity to attend the production in The Hague which seems to be quite comparable to the tour production.
For those of us fortunate enough to have been able to follow the tour within UK and Ireland this adjustment was made long ago. I can promise you that the tour cast are stunningly good. The four Billys - although all different from each other - are excellent.

I'm firmly convinced of it.
I am not sure how your fellow countrymen will understand the Geordie accent, however well they speak English. It’s difficult enough for native English speakers from other parts of the UK !
Not only for my fellow countrymen, still for me if it gets fast. The musical script at Springfield helped a lot to clarify some obstacles. (He's as bent as a nine bob note.) But there is something else which I need now to get out of my head, but will help others to understand. The production will be shown with subtitles and it seems that you can't opt it out. I can concentrate only on one aspect, subtitle or stage set.

I hope you and your family have a great experience !
Will do so. Thanks very much.
Real Geordie
Ballet Girl

Post by Real Geordie »

A new promo video featuring Lewis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EX4zc88yTQ

and also a view of the location itself

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qE_qrg4mE9I#t=49.707375
Real Geordie
Ballet Girl

Post by Real Geordie »

A further promo video for Hamburg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvM85TvCJns
andrewcraig
Tony

Post by andrewcraig »

tankntonic
Ballet Girl

Post by tankntonic »

Here is Lewis' performance of Electricity at the Hamburg presser:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4G32_vlcye0
Lola
Tall Boy

Post by Lola »

Just a little tip or warning for those considering booking tickets for Hamburg: on the 7th and 8th of July there will be a G20 summit there and one can expect strict security measures throughout the whole city and a pretty chaotic weekend especially with regards to public transportation and road traffic. I thought about going that weekend but will go on another now...
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

Here, the Billys try out their German ( LÄUFT means Running):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lA2pQw47So