Milan van Weelden - Big Davey

DenP
Small Boy

Milan van Weelden - Big Davey

Post by DenP »

Milan van Weelden, Dutch actor, announced that he will be playing the role of Big Davey in Liverpool, Milton Keynes and Hamburg. He played the same role in the original Dutch cast of BETM.

Another Dutch actor, Leon de Graaf, also part of the original Dutch cast, also announced that he will be joining the UK/Ireland Tour.
Real Geordie
Ballet Girl

Re: Milan van Weelden - Big Davey

Post by Real Geordie »

I saw Milan in the Netherlands production. He will make a great replacement - he is a really big guy and with a strong singing voice ! Leon de Graaf played first cover for Tony in the Netherlands - there are a number of videos on Youtube of him playing the part [search for Leon de Graaf as Tony 'The Stars Look Down' to see both actors ]. It would not surprise me if Scott Garnham is one of those leaving after Birmingham, as he seems to have current active involvement in other productions.Leon could also be a replacement for another role, or as a first cover for Tom Bainbridge if he steps up. It will be interesting to hear a Dutch Geordie accent . I wonder if any of the Dutch Billys have been put on standby just in case of an emergency ?
Real Geordie
Ballet Girl

Re: Milan van Weelden - Big Davey

Post by Real Geordie »

Milan van Weelden has now arrived in Birmingham and commenced rehearsals for the role of Big Davey which he will take on after the Birmingham run completes. He announced this on his instagram account a while back, then deleted the post. It would not surprise me if he is eased in for a few performances before then, possibly just as an ensemble member. He is easily spotted as he is 6’9” tall. It will be a sight to see when he stands next to Samuel Torpey. Quite a Dutch contingent now - Milan, Leon de Graaf and resident choreographer Jeroen Luiten, all formerly of the Netherlands production.

https://www.instagram.com/milanvanweelden/

PS - They still miss Billy in the Netherlands - I like this comment from a few posts back :-

Billy aaa waar is doe goede ouwe tijd. Was zo mooi musical met alleen maar geweldig acteurs en actrices der in
Billy aaa where is the good old days. Was a so beautiful musical with only great actors and actresses

Return to “Cast - UK/Ireland Tour”