Nicholas Dantes - Billy:Drury Lane/North Shore/Maltz Jupiter

kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Nicholas Dantes - Billy:Drury Lane/North Shore/Maltz Jupiter

Post by kport »

Nic's performance in Dream Ballet eclipsed any I have seen elsewhere.

I recall him performing this at Drury Lane, where the stage was so shallow that the flying actually extended out to the edge of the orchestra pit.

At NSMT, he does not fly primarily from right to left, but toward all points of the circular stage; flying appears to take on a third dimension.

Nic does this with grace and a smile of pure joy on his face. Max Baud's commanding presence and grace through strength make this scene as powerful as it is elegant. The pairing is excellent.

The two of them are in perfect synch on the floor sections of the ballet.

Because Nic is so confident in this piece, Max is able to spin him as fast as I have seen any Billy spun; this is something of which Max is a master.

Dad enters the stage by walking down one of the aisle and stepping onto it; this adds a new and refreshing element to the moment of 'discovery'.

The audiences received Nic's performances with sustained applause and cheers.
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Nicholas Dantes - Billy: Drury Lane/ North Shore

Post by porschesrule »

Nicholas Dantes was the winner of one of three 2015 Joseph Jefferson (JEFF) awards earned by the Drury Lane Theatre. His award, Best Actor in a Principal Role won for his portrayal of Billy Elliot, was a first for the young actor.

In accepting the award, Nicholas thanked his parents and family for supporting him; director/choreographer Rachel Rockwell and music director Roberta Duchak "for taking a chance;" the cast and crew "for making me look good"; and Drury Lane "for saying yes."

"It's an honor being considered among such great actors", he said.

Congrats Nic!!

http://www.dailyherald.com/article/2015 ... 151009269/
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Nicholas Dantes - Billy: Drury Lane/ North Shore

Post by kport »

Nic's dad, Ken, posted this reminder for Fans:

https://instagram.com/p/9JUA_8OmDQ/?taken-by=ktdantes
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

After last night's flawless performance by Nic, a cast member told me that today is a very special day for him:

Happy 15th Birthday, Nic! :D

May your next year be as amazing as the last one has been!

Knock 'em dead, Kidda!!!
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

Happy Birthday Nic!!

For those interested in the birthdays of the current and past Billys, I've compiled that information here: http://betm.theskykid.com/birthdays-billys/

If anyone has information on missing birthdates, currently designated on the chart in the article as "Unknown", please PM me and I'll be happy to add the information to the chart.
jdmag44
Michael

Post by jdmag44 »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NIC KEEP FLYING AND SHINE SHINE SHINE
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

I saw Nic's performance Saturday night. The energy and depth of passion in his portrayal is stunning. This production offers a rather unnecessarily simplistic choreography in Electricity (I wonder whether the artistic team is trying to emulate Jamie Bell's rather rudimentary dance in the same scene in the film), which is a shame, since Nic is an amazing dancer. Nic does everything he can to electrify this number, and it is his acting and singing that make it truly magical. The audience, most of whom are new to this musical, love every minute of Nic's performance.

His acting skills are such that I think he could broaden his future plans to that genre, as well as to dance. He has real passion, and real understanding of the character he is playing. He is as good as the best who have ever played Billy.
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

Nicholas gets high praise from Chicago Tribune theatre critic Chris Jones in his article entitled "Top 10 performances of 2015 in Chicago theater":

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertain ... olumn.html
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

The page wants me to register and pay for a subscription to read the article. :(
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

porschesrule wrote:Nicholas gets high praise from Chicago Tribune theatre critic Chris Jones in his article entitled "Top 10 performances of 2015 in Chicago theater":

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertain ... olumn.html
I Google'd 'Top 10 performances of 2015 in Chicago theater'
and it came right up....clicking the googled link took me to the article without asking for a sub.

Return to “Cast Members - Past Regional Productions”