April 2011 Reviews - NYC

angelenroute
Billy

Re: April 2011 Reviews - NYC

Post by angelenroute »

jsd337 wrote:Hey everyone! I just found this board, being that I got to see Billy Elliot for the first time on Broadway a few weeks ago, and then two more times after that :lol: I was lucky enough to see three different Billys on three different nights too, but all three had a lot of cast changes as people like Gregory Jbara were out. Even so, I got to see Peter, Alex, and Jacob perform as Billy, and it was great to see how each boy plays the title role so differently.
Welcome to the forum!!! I sat in your same seat next to the same man and he's just recently joined the Forum too I believe, as I told him about it. =) This Forum and Friends Of Billy Forum are both great resources for info on the show, discussions about the shows we see and changes as they happen, cast changes too. It's also a lively and wonderful community. We don't all know each other in person of course, but many of us do know a lot of our fellow fans (maybe around 100 for me?). I really hope your enthusiasm for the show stays with you (I think it will) and that you're able to finance yourself to see it more and more times. The show makes little changes here and there all the time and different gags you've never seen before make it all so fresh each time.

Please write anything and everything you can here (or in whatever appropriate area of the Forum(s)) and don't hesitate to ask questions too as 99% of the time someone will have the answer for you. =) There are some guidelines we stick to, like not criticizing people much, especially child actors' performances, and not speculating about leaving dates for children, etc. That said though, Alex Ko's last performance is scheduled for the evening show on Sunday, May 15. While anything can change, it seems to be set for now and many of us will be there to see him off.

A Billy's last performance in the role is always a very, VERY special night, usually beginning with a speech from Director Stephen Daldry (again admittedly not guaranteed) with changes to the show very often that you have to experience to fully appreciate (and including touching moments I wouldn't want to ruin for you). It'd also be a great chance to meet some of us Forum fans at stage door if not beforehand for a meal. I often attend meet-ups like this even when I'm not seeing the show that day. So if you do look into going that night, feel free to PM me and as/if details are available, I'll be happy to let you know.

Again, welcome to the Forum! I hope your stay here is as special as this incredible show is!

Sean

"Good writers define reality; bad ones merely restate it." -Edward Albee
jsd337
Small Boy

Post by jsd337 »

Thanks for the welcomes everybody! I lurked for a few days before posting haha. But glad to be here and share experiences and whatnot. I go to school in New York, so I'm only here for 8 months out of the year. Over the summer, I fly home, and I fly home on Thursday (May 5) which unfortunately means I won't be able to see Alex on the 15th, sadly. But I do hope you guys give him a great send-off! :D And I can't wait to read all the special things that may happen at a final show. I've read about some of the traditions and have seen some on YouTube for a final show though... But maybe some other time, I'll get to join in, when I come back for school in September lol. Thanks though!

My seat was A108, so that A114 guy must not have been far haha.
dongringo
Debbie

Post by dongringo »

jsd337 Everyone else has pretty much said it all so I'll just say Welcome! And thanks for the great reviews.

Nothing like being enthusiastic about BETM. I think I drove everyone crazy for awhile when I first got into it, but everybody is really kind here and have the same thing in common so don't worry about posting often and much. The more the merrier. :D
.......__o
.......\ <,
....( )/ ( )
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Too bad you will miss Alex's final show, jsd337, but just think of all the money you can save up over the summer for next year's BETM ticket fund. 8-) Have sent you a pm. :arrow:
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
johnnyc
Mr Braithwaite

Post by johnnyc »

CJ-Rochester wrote: Hmm I wonder if this was anyone we know? I do believe someone with the initials JC was there on Fri, April 29 in seat Orch A114 (per a post in the "When are you going to see BETM Broadway next" section). :roll:
-Chris
That JC fellow was indeed in A114 that night, and he would probably say the guy who has ONLY seen BE 79 times is just a newbe. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “Reviews - Broadway”