Hi, it's my first time here

A place for new members to introduce themselves
Flyin high
Small Boy

Hi, it's my first time here

Post by Flyin high »

Hello everyone
I've been lurking on the forum ever since my first BETM show with Matteo Zecca back in Feb. I've always been a fan of musicals, but never have I left a show feeling like I did after Billy. It resonated with me on so many levels, and moved me more than I thought a show could! I've been to see the show twice more since then (seeing Brodie and Ollie). The 2nd of those was last night with Ollie and I finally felt inspired to join the forum. I'm planning to write a review of last night's show as it left me feeling so uplifted and put a big smile on my face....But just wanted to say hi first!
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Hi, it's my first time here

Post by porschesrule »

Hi Flyin high and welcome to the Forum. If you've been lurking for a while here, you know there's a ton of good information about BETM and also that there are many fans of the show who feel like you do. I'm looking forward to reading your review. Enjoy the Forum!
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Welcome to the forum, Flyin high. Glad you decided to join us. :D
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
maria
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by maria »

Welcome aboard Flyin high!

Always good to hear from someone else captivated by this amazing show.

Enjoy the forum!

maria
<- A new use for the Billy Bag!!!
Flyin high
Small Boy

Post by Flyin high »

Thank you for the welcomes. I've tried to put my finger on the reasons why I was so captivated by this particular show. Recently losing a parent, and also being Mum to a young boy have something to do with the emotional connection...as well as having danced myself. But I was just so in awe of the amount of time that Billy's are on the stage, and the amount of stage direction, lines and routines they have to remember at such a young age. Ultimately it's the laughter and the tears (in equal measure) that this story evokes. Gets me every time!!

On another note, I wrote quite a long review last night which hasn't appeared in the reviews thread this morning. Did I post it incorrectly? Or perhaps it's awaiting moderation?
jmh2014
Tall Boy

Post by jmh2014 »

Welcome to the forum Flyin high.

All of the Billy's are outstanding but every so often you see a show which is for some reason extra special. Sounds like you witnessed one of those shows. Look forward to reading your review.

I'm glad you got to see Matteo before he left.

Enjoy your time here.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Flyin high wrote:Thank you for the welcomes. I've tried to put my finger on the reasons why I was so captivated by this particular show. Recently losing a parent, and also being Mum to a young boy have something to do with the emotional connection...as well as having danced myself. But I was just so in awe of the amount of time that Billy's are on the stage, and the amount of stage direction, lines and routines they have to remember at such a young age. Ultimately it's the laughter and the tears (in equal measure) that this story evokes. Gets me every time!!

On another note, I wrote quite a long review last night which hasn't appeared in the reviews thread this morning. Did I post it incorrectly? Or perhaps it's awaiting moderation?
Yes, it was awaiting moderator approval. It's there now.

As with all new members, your first few posts have been pre-moderated.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

Hi Flying high. It's nice to have you on board.

I shall now go to the Reviews section and read yours.
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
jdmag44
Michael

Post by jdmag44 »

WELCOME " Flyin high"
Thanks for jumping right in and posting reviews and comments. The review of your last show was wonderful -thanks for sharing.
I can assure you the excitement never goes away. BETM is a treasure.
So very glad you are with us. Enjoy the forum.
BILLYFAN
Debbie

Post by BILLYFAN »

Welcome to the forum Flying high

Return to “New Members”