Hi Billy Fans!

A place for new members to introduce themselves
BillyBillyElliot
Audience Member

Hi Billy Fans!

Post by BillyBillyElliot »

My name is James and I live in Connecticut (USA) I'm a recent convert to Billy Elliot after seeing Billy Elliot Live on the American Public Broadcasting last fall (2015) Prior to that the show just never interested me given it's topic (ballet dancing) and my perception that it was just a kids show. I got the Blue-ray and several DVD's for friends and family members who all enjoyed it too. When the show announced it's closing in December I actually decided to go to London (my 1st time there) to see it. In fact I saw it three times in eight days in late March this year (2016) - I wished I done a fourth! I got seats right up front so I was sitting right wear Billy drops the suitcase for 2 of the 3 shows. The other one I sat in the first row of the dress circle. It was an amazing experience. Of course the Billy and Michael's were different but many of the adult cast was still there. I had already seen the show many times on my big screen HDTV but it can't beat being there. What really was so much better in person was Angry Dance, It was blew me away -- but not so much watching it on TV. Since returning to the states I've seen 3 local productions of Billy Elliot. None can compare to London (I walked out of one them) but one had excellent production values. I'm thinking of going to England in March and catching a couple shows on the tour since my concern is it may be while before their is another West End / Broadway type production of Billy.

I look forward to reading posts here about the show.
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Hi Billy Fans!

Post by porschesrule »

Welcome to the Forum, James. Please spend some time exploring the site as there is much information here. You'll also find the people are generally warm and welcoming. So make yourself at home.

And just as you like reading the posts here, we do too and you'll find if you post often, become an active participant, you'll get a lot more out of your time here.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Hi Billy Fans!

Post by ERinVA »

Welcome to the forum James. Hope you will enjoy it here. :D
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.

Return to “New Members”