When are you going to see other shows in New York next?

Chat about other shows here
CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

When are you going to see other shows in New York next?

Post by CJ-Rochester »

I thought it would be good to have a thread for people to let others know when they will be seeing shows. This might be especially good for non-NYCers, who may be seeing multiple shows in one visit. Such a thread might help avoid cases like that day back in July where atreyu and I were both at the same two consecutive shows and didn't know about it until afterward ;)
:/
CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: When are you going to see other shows in New York next?

Post by CJ-Rochester »

This weekend I will be visiting NYC. Even though BETM is long gone, I will be seeing two Billys, a Michael, and a Tall Boy. Do you call it a Billy-alumni-thon? ;)

Sat 11/30 matinee: The Winslow Boy (with Spencer Milford),
Sat 11/30 evening: Kinky Boots (sorry no BETM alumni in this one),
Sun 12/1 matinee: Newsies (with Giuseppe and Hogan),
Sun 12/1 evening: Fun Home (with Griffin Birney).

It would have been nice to include a Small Boy in the mix by seeing "Lies My Father Told Me" with Alex Dreier, but I was not able to make the schedule work.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

You will be seeing two Billys in Newsies. Don't forget Hogan Fulton. 8-)
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by CJ-Rochester »

ERinVA wrote:You will be seeing two Billys in Newsies. Don't forget Hogan Fulton. 8-)

Yes good point! Thanks Ellen! I hope to run into some friends along the way this weekend, particularly at Newsies. Sunday is reported to be Giuseppe's last day in the show per his mom's public Facebook post:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater
debbiefan
Tall Boy

Post by debbiefan »

CJ-Rochester wrote:
ERinVA wrote:You will be seeing two Billys in Newsies. Don't forget Hogan Fulton. 8-)

Yes good point! Thanks Ellen! I hope to run into some friends along the way this weekend, particularly at Newsies. Sunday is reported to be Giuseppe's last day in the show per his mom's public Facebook post:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater
already wow that was a short run for him :( thats sad he never got to do a broadway show for at least 6 months total. What up with that :( I can see billy elliot, you don't want a crack voice to play a big role, but newsies, wondering if he knew that it will be a short run.
Billly ELliot
Denver: Lex as Billy Griffin as Michael and River as Tall Boy
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

My guess is that he has another opportunity waiting in the wings, so to speak. 8-)
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
debbiefan
Tall Boy

Post by debbiefan »

ERinVA wrote:My guess is that he has another opportunity waiting in the wings, so to speak. 8-)
hope so, because really I didn't expect him to be in this show for a short time. :(
Billly ELliot
Denver: Lex as Billy Griffin as Michael and River as Tall Boy
muck912
Tall Boy

Post by muck912 »

I'm sure that at the stage door Chris will pry the story out of Giuseppe and report back to us.
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

With the permission of Giuseppe's mother, Sonia...

The reason for the unusual length of Giuseppe's stay with Newsies is that he was filling in for a cast member who was injured and who now is coming back to the show. Giuseppe knew that his stay with the show was temporary from the start.
atreyu
George

Post by atreyu »

CJ-Rochester wrote:I thought it would be good to have a thread for people to let others know when they will be seeing shows. This might be especially good for non-NYCers, who may be seeing multiple shows in one visit. Such a thread might help avoid cases like that day back in July where atreyu and I were both at the same two consecutive shows and didn't know about it until afterward ;)
A great idea, Chris, although it presumes we weren't deliberately avoiding each other. :lol: Which we weren't.

I'll be on Broadway this weekend as well, for a couple of knights. As in, Sir Ian McKellen and Sir Patrick Stewart for both Waiting for Godot and No Man's Land.

But I think I'll just have to join you on Sunday for Giuseppe's finale in Newsies. And so we can actually meet up for once, considering the hundreds of miles we're traveling, covering not one, but two occasions. :)

Return to “Discuss all other Shows - New York”