Come From Away

Chat about other shows here
angelenroute
Billy

Come From Away

Post by angelenroute »

This weekend, I was offered a free premium-seat ticket from a very generous friend to see Come From Away on Broadway. The show has been on my radar from the start, but I still hadn't seen it, and I gather this might be true for a lot of people. Living as I do so close to the city, I have my pick of new shows to choose from each and every season, and by nature (and lack of time and money), I just have to skip several, if not most. Come From Away seemed destined to remain just off my radar, and to be honest, I was beginning to think I'd never take the time to see it.

So let me just make this super-duper clear: Come From Away is the must-show musical you didn't know you needed to see! It's simply wonderful from start to finish, and at just one hour and 40 minutes long without an intermission, it grips your attention at the start and never lets go. It keeps moving and moving forward super smoothly with a ton of laughs, some genuinely fantastic songs, and a boatload of beautiful emotion.

Though the show arrived amidst a busy season of other great hits, you really must make room for this on your itinerary. Because the action keeps moving without many breaks for applause, you're swept away in a wonderful adventure of spirit that will have you leaping to your feet with congratulatory, grateful applause at the end. It has the kind of end-of-show moment where you're not crying, but you're quite emotionally full nonetheless, and you're clapping your hands together as hard as you can to convey your total praise.

Come from away, from wherever away is for you, to this beautiful show as soon as you can. And I promise you, you'll be so happy you did!

-Sean

"Good writers define reality; bad ones merely restate it." -Edward Albee

Return to “Discuss all other Shows - New York”