May 2010 - Reviews - London

Todd
Dad

Re: May 2010 - Reviews UK - London

Post by Todd »

ERinVA wrote:Thank goodness for that explanation, Sam! I thought I had completely missed something in the B'way show. :?
I was thinking I had seen it in the Broadway show too when I was there for Trent's last show, but maybe I was indeed thinking of the Chicago show since I've seen it more recently. As far as describing why it's offensive Ellen (which you had asked about in an earlier post), I'm not sure I feel comfortable describing it here. I think it might be the same gesture Debbie was using in the London show awhile back towards Billy which got a lot of negative comments on here. I believe they took it out after a week or two.
StevenKing
Mrs Wilkinson

Post by StevenKing »

I'm SURE I've seen that gesture...but if it just got into the London show then it had to be in NYC.

Steven
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

I was at Trent's last show, but I don't recall having seen that gesture as part of B2B. That doesn't mean he didn't do it, of course.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
Musical Fanatic
Ballet Girl

Post by Musical Fanatic »

StevenKing wrote:I'm SURE I've seen that gesture...but if it just got into the London show then it had to be in NYC.

Steven
It may have been and they stopped doing it. I know Thommie and The boys are not doing it now :lol:

Sam
Bre*st Cancer awareness. My
Mom is now a ! year survivor
Brad
George

Post by Brad »

Billy Whiz wrote:Thanks for the reminder Meagan about the barre. I only saw the Australian show once and had completely forgotten about that.

I also agree with Pinknick and Chris about Genevieve reminding them of Julie Walters in the film.
All I can say is thank gawd Gen didn't take that bright orange barre with her to London. Having seen Sydney/Melbourne, New York and London, B2B built around that barre was rated third of these productions IMHO (look out here comes the tyrade from the Aussies :lol: ).

Being similar to Julie was what always made Gen so special her Downunder. I am sure with a little more tweeking of the new aspects of the show as well as the new face will bring more rave reviews of gen adn the cast.

Thanks for all the reviews and opinions - great to see
Cheers

Brad
Meagan312
Ballet Girl

Post by Meagan312 »

look out here comes the tyrade from the Aussies
:o Brad how could you say such a thing?!

Though I do see where you are coming from.
Having only seen a video of th Broadway B2B, I would say it is my least favourite of the three, with London being the winner. It was just awesome, so much fun.
Aus
22.03.09 - Michael.Joel.Isabelle
14.06.09- Josh D.Landen.Nina
UK
2.10.09 - Brad.Connor D.Francesca

It's like that there's a music playing in your ear, and I'm listening and I'm listening, and then I dissapear
patc
Mrs Wilkinson

Post by patc »

OOPs, wrong month. :oops: :oops: :oops: Have transferred it to June.

Pat

Return to “Reviews Archive”