May 2010 - Reviews - London

burtond
Michael

Re: May 2010 - Reviews UK - London

Post by burtond »

Billy Whiz wrote:Stop press: We now have the New York version of Born to Boogie complete with boxing gloves and skipping ropes - AGGH
No no no! Stop right there. WHY?
An ex-Regular and someone who was Passionate about the show but who has now found the rest of the WEST END.
burtond
Michael

Post by burtond »

patc wrote:For the love of God can someone please tell us who played the skipping Mr. B? :lol: :D :oops:

I quite enjoyed the US version - for what it was.

Pat
Why repair something that isn't damaged?
Bring back the original LONDON B2B please!
An ex-Regular and someone who was Passionate about the show but who has now found the rest of the WEST END.
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

And there was me thinking that we had got back to reviews ;)
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
burtond
Michael

Post by burtond »

Billy Whiz wrote:And there was me thinking that we had got back to reviews ;)
Just comments on the reviews BW. Nothing wrong with that :lol:
KeefyM
Michael

Post by KeefyM »

Yes, Exactly David, WHY ???? & why repair something that isn't damaged, and change something that was great to an inferior version.

Whoever has made this decision, has made one of the worst decisions in the shows 5 year history.

The new Born to Boogie is bloody awful.
I have tickets for every show this week, but I hate the new B2B so much, that I may just sell them all and not bother going to the show at all.

Oh and by the way production company, if you make any other daft changes, then after 5 years and 101 shows, you may have just lost someone who has been a fan and defender of the show since it started on March 31st 2005 - and I might just have to start going to Wicked instead :o :D .

So change it back to the UK version, oh and I'm sure the Billys are delighted that they now have to learn the skipping routine in addition to all the other training they go through.

Keith

but lets get back to the reviews.
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

burtond wrote:
All I mean is we had a new Mrs Wilkinson start last night as well as new Ballet girls, Small Boy and Tall Boy. We also witnessed a wonderful performance by a great cast and all everybody can talk about is the new B2B.

Some positives from the show would be nice as well.
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
Chris
Tall Boy

Post by Chris »

Billy Whiz wrote:
burtond wrote:
All I mean is we had a new Mrs Wilkinson start last night as well as new Ballet girls, Small Boy and Tall Boy. We also witnessed a wonderful performance by a great cast and all everybody can talk about is the new B2B.

Well said; I loved our new Mrs Wilkinson, there were some great new ballet girls and accomplished performances from the new SB and TB.
"In everything you do, always be yourself"
patc
Mrs Wilkinson

Post by patc »

KeefyM wrote: I might just have to start going to Wicked instead. ......, oh and I'm sure the Billys are delighted that they now have to learn the skipping routine in addition to all the other training they go through.
Keefy. I am bustin' my xxxxx to get you those £19.50's for Row B and, instead, you're going to be across the road behaving, well, like a fruit. :D :lol: There's sod all for you over there. And think of what you'd be missing less than a hundred yards away :D .

I'll bet the Billys LOVE the skipping. They're boys and it's fun. I'll bet audiences will love it, too, and will come flocking to see it and that's what counts.

I just can't wait for next Thursday to see the new cast and what they all saw last night. See ya there ;) ;) ;)

Pat
burtond
Michael

Post by burtond »

Chris wrote:
Billy Whiz wrote:
burtond wrote:

Well said; I loved our new Mrs Wilkinson, there were some great new ballet girls and accomplished performances from the new SB and TB.
As one of the Forum members who invests many, many hours in the writing of reviews, including lots of positive comments, I can confidently say that there will be many positive reviews coming up in the next few days, weeks etc. So, on that basis, what is wrong with drilling down a little bit into the aspects of the reviews for monday night - is discussion and debate non longer permitted on the Forum?
JohnCougar
Small Boy

Post by JohnCougar »

You can bet that Stephen is fine with whatever changes are made in the show. If he's OK with the rope skipping stuff, which I'm sure he is......we should be as well.

Return to “Reviews Archive”