June 2010 - Reviews - London

athadj
Miner

Re: June 2010 - Reviews - London

Post by athadj »

Oh my God! I was just thinking what if this had happenned 2 weeks ago when I flew to London to watch Billy for one night only! How selfish of me to think about myself, when as you mention there were so many people who may never get the chance to enjoy the show again but I can't help it... :oops:

Enjoy the show tonight David and we're waitng for a review...
Athina

London
Liam x 1, Ollie x 4, Dean x 11, Rhys x 8, Aaron x 4, Scott x 9, Josh x 10, Ryan x 10, Adam x 6, Kaine x 7, Harris x 6, Harrison x 2
New York
Peter x 1
jacob
Ballet Girl

Post by jacob »

A further comment on Monday evening. The financial implications are considerable. If the theatre was virtually full, the ticket refunds could be approaching £50k. The cast, crew and front of house staff would have to be paid and then there is the loss of revenue from bar sales, merch, icecreams etc. Altogether an awful lot of money. Unless there is some insurance somewhere the Company and Theatre have taken a big hit. I wonder what caused the power surge if that was indeed the problem. There is a lot of construction work going on around the VP, mostly for the underground I believe. If it could be established that this was responsible then there would be third party liability.

On a more personal level, I am thinking about the school parties that were in the House. Having taken many myself I wonder about their position. The ticket price would be refunded but what about the cost of coach hire etc?

Let us hope that the problem does not recur. It could cause the Show to close.
'Are we human or are we dancers?' The Killers

Finish
burtond
Michael

Post by burtond »

Lets hope that the Insurance covers the potential loss
An ex-Regular and someone who was Passionate about the show but who has now found the rest of the WEST END.
Jonjo
Audience Member

Post by Jonjo »

broadway angry dance routine now in rehearsals for the london show
StevenKing
Mrs Wilkinson

Post by StevenKing »

Jonjo wrote:broadway angry dance routine now in rehearsals for the london show

Puts on flame resistant suit and hard hat and waits in trenchs for following comments if this is true...INCOMMMMING!!!!!!!!!

Steven

(on second thought going into deep Norad nuke proof bunker...this is going to be bad)
Todd
Dad

Post by Todd »

Interesting. Although skeptical about the Broadway Angry Dance the first time I saw it, I've gotten to the point now where I prefer it to the London version. They kept all of the parts I liked from the London version, and added what's now one of my favorite parts: the projected film image of the miners' riots onto the shields which the policemen are holding, with Margaret Thatcher's voice in the background. I found myself missing it when I saw the show in London a few weeks ago.

Yes, it is more "busy" on stage with all the rioting going on while Billy's dancing. That's the part that probably takes the most getting used to, but again I found myself thinking the stage was a bit too empty in the London show after getting used to the U.S. version.

Return to “Reviews Archive”