October 2010-Reviews-London

athadj
Miner

Re: October 2010-Reviews-London

Post by athadj »

Thank you so much Deanfan5 and Hammy for your wonderful reviews. (And BTW Deanfan5 congratulations on your 500th visit - Wow :o )

Just to answer a question hammy, after B2B the piano flip is still on but from what I've seen - and asked around a bit - Rhys doesn't do it. But I've seen both Aaron and Dean do it, not sure about Scott as I haven't seen him yet.
Rhys is an amazing Billy, fantastic little actor and fabulous dancer and I just love his smiling face, he is adorable. And, yes, as you mentionned he must love his cookies as he always goes back for a second one... :lol: :lol:
Athina

London
Liam x 1, Ollie x 4, Dean x 11, Rhys x 8, Aaron x 4, Scott x 9, Josh x 10, Ryan x 10, Adam x 6, Kaine x 7, Harris x 6, Harrison x 2
New York
Peter x 1
Hesychius
Tall Boy

Post by Hesychius »

I can only second what Deanfan5 wrote: a truly wonderful performance. Dean is so confident and his approach to Billy is so unique that he can add personal touches throughout the show. His dancing and singing have always been very impressive, but what struck me most this time was his acting and his presence on stage. In my opinion he is in top form at the moment and has created a very independent and inimitable portrait of Billy. The more I see Dean, the more I like his Billy.

Another remark to today's show: I do not recall having seen a more moving and tender winter scene. Joe was exceptionally affectionate and gentle, which I think is very appropriate. The scene itself got less laughter than normally and so I presume that it really got to the audience. I have to admit that I like it this way...

Stefan.
London: Fox - 6; Tom - 4.5; Dean - 10; Ollie - 7.5; Rhys - 7; Aaron - 3; Scott - 1
New York: Jacob - 3; Dayton - 1; Michael - 2; Liam - 1; Peter - 1; Alex - 1
Charlotte: Daniel - 1; Michael - 1

50 inspiring shows
Remi
Small Boy

Post by Remi »

Saturday October 22nd - Matinee performance
Dean / Joe M. / Emily
Craig / Joe C. / Genevieve / Tessa

It was so good to be back at the VP after an X months break ... first time seeing the show since the changes have been introduced, first time seeing Dean, Joe Massey, Genevieve & Joseph. I was pleasantly surprised by Genevieve Lemon who was quite funny throughout the show, loved shine very much, her voice suits it well. Joe Massey was absolutely hilarious and touching as Michael. As for Dean ... well ... he's such a pro. I am just amazed at how relax he looks on stage, so comfortable with the role, and focused at the same time. I must admit I had wet eyes during the Angry Dance (the most powerful i've seen since I saw the show for the first time in 2006 !) and Electricity (which always moves me to tears ...). Both of these numbers made my day. The rest was pure joy as always, including Joseph West who had the audience in his hands from the very beginning of the show, the little fellow will go far haha ! Quick note about the changes, I can't say I dislike them but I don't really see the point of the jump rope. Anyway, as long as they keep the Angry Dance as it is, that's fine with me ! Another brilliant way to spend an afternoon in London !
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Hi Remi. Glad you have made it back to London to see the show. Thanks for your review. :D
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
burtond
Michael

Post by burtond »

Deanfan5 wrote:Saturday matinee 23rd

Overall a first rate show and the end of my particular Billython. So good to leave on a high note thanks to an ever impressive Dean and a fantastic Joseph West in particular.
And what a Billython Roger - 500 shows - amazing! Good luck for the future man.
An ex-Regular and someone who was Passionate about the show but who has now found the rest of the WEST END.
Deanfan5
Ballet Girl

Post by Deanfan5 »

burtond wrote:
Deanfan5 wrote:Saturday matinee 23rd

Overall a first rate show and the end of my particular Billython. So good to leave on a high note thanks to an ever impressive Dean and a fantastic Joseph West in particular.
And what a Billython Roger - 500 shows - amazing! Good luck for the future man.
No Dave I did not do 500 shows without a break :o It was just the last 10 for the Billython to reach 500 over 5 years (first show Liam Mower 20th May 2005). I will be still seeing Billy but will ration my monthly visits so there will be fewer reviews I am afraid than in the past (some may say 'thank god'). I also want to see some other theatre (see my recent reviews on 'Onassis' and 'Deathtrap') as London is blessed with so many opportunities which should not be missed. I will post reviews of these shows where appropriate to hopefully interest other Forum members visiting London For Billy or otherwise.
Cheers
BILLYFAN
Debbie

Post by BILLYFAN »

SATURDAY 30TH OCTOBER MAT.2.30
BILLY=RHYS YEOMANS
MICHAEL=CONNOR KELLY
DEBBIE=FLEUR HOLDIJK

A nearly full theatre and another good show,the theatre was cold and droughty during the 1st act and people were putting on their coats , but the heating came on for a short time during the 2nd act.
Rhys had difficulty picking up the keys after the boxing scene,so he got down and picked them up with his teeth.
I do like the way Genevieve Lemon puts over the charactor of Mrs Wilkinson,she plays it very well, I also noticed that there is a little less smoking and more chewing of gum
In the letter scene both Billy and Mrs Wilkinson were very emotional
Shine and Solidarity were very good and of course Ann Emery played Grandma very well--it is a shame thats she is leaving
she will be missed
Connor and Rhys were very comical in Expressing Yourself
The toilet scene was very good--the poeple sitting next to me though, where shocked at the F..... line as well as the kissing in the christmas scene-I don't think they will be coming to the show again, their loss though
The angry Dance was very energenic
In the Pantomime, still less bunter, but the "are you enjoying the show" line is back in--someone in C row was the victim
Electicity-the ballet version is my favourite, so I'm glade Rhys was on and I think that this was the best electicity I've seen in 27 shows Rhys was spectacular.
overall a very good show
There was a collection for an actors charity (sorry I;ve forgotton the name) which helps actors that have been taken ill and fallen on hard times
27 wonderful shows GEORGE OR JAMES 1 LIAM 3 LEON 1 TRAVIS 1 LAYTON 2 COREY 2 OLIVER 1 JOSH 1 HOGAN 2 TANNER 3 BRAD 1 TOM 1 OLLIE 3 DEAN 3 RHYS 2
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

Thanks for the reviews everybody.

I really enjoyed reading them all.
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.

Return to “Reviews Archive”