December 2010 - Reviews - London

athadj
Miner

Re: December 2010 - Reviews - London

Post by athadj »

Billy Whiz wrote:I must agree regarding B2B. No matter how many people say they like it, it will not change my mind.
I don't think I have heard anyone say they actually like it. Yes it is impressive when it is faultless but, let's face it. No matter how fantastic the boys are it is faultless only about 10-15% of the time and at least for me it is not enjoyable because I always sit there holding my breath and hoping that everything goes smoothly and if it doesn't I feel so bad for the poor cast (especially the Billy) that's up there and I know that are working so hard for this. And I know that most other fans feel the same 'cos we've discussed it.
Anyway, I guess there's no point in bringing this up again and sorry for going off topic but I just had to say my thoughts on this.
Really looking forward to Broadway on Thursday and see how the boys handle it over there.
Athina

London
Liam x 1, Ollie x 4, Dean x 11, Rhys x 8, Aaron x 4, Scott x 9, Josh x 10, Ryan x 10, Adam x 6, Kaine x 7, Harris x 6, Harrison x 2
New York
Peter x 1
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

I haven't seen it in London, but I have seen it on Broadway, where it originated, in Chicago, and on the tour, and I actually like it. So count one for the minority. :D
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
Finale
Former Admin

Post by Finale »

It wasn't faultless when I saw it either; the skipping rope got tangled around Genevieve Lemon! But I find this understandable and it isn't my sole reason for disliking the skipping ropes. The main reason I dislike the skipping ropes in B2B is it just detracts from the fact Billy is learning Ballet. Yes it is a realistic fitness exercise as a warm up but it makes an appearance in the second half of the song which should be emphasising Billy's progression in dancing, not skipping.

Anyway we've all been guilty of slightly going off-topic with this, though of course it is playing a part in reviewing the more recent shows. :D
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

When I saw the shows in Chicago and New York recently Mrs W does not do the skipping any more.
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
myrte
Small Boy

Post by myrte »

I saw the show for the second time on December the 30th. The Billy who played that evening was Dean Charles Chapman. Wow what a peformer! It seems that he has a lot of confidence at the stage. His singing was very good and his dancing was superb! The way he acted make's him a strong and tough Billy. His angry dance was amazing. It was very obvious that he was realy very angry! So much energie. He must be exhousted after that! I missed a bit the vulnerable site of Billy in his performance. I was not as touched by the letter as I was with the privious Billy I saw Fox Jackson Keen. But overal he was very good! I was impressed by his tapping during the skip rope. Wow very quickly and faultless. A real professional! The Michael was Joe Massey. Very cute boy who played the rol very funny and touching. It was a pity that the microfone of Michael was murming during express. Fortunately the microfone was back to normal when Michael began to sing.
I was not impressed by the grandma. I don't found her very convincing of beeing a demented old lady. And she was by far as funny as An Emery was. I thought it was an understudie but I can't remember her name. I liked the new father and Tony. They were just as good as the previous cast. The small boy I saw was very cute and cheeky. I don't know his name. It was a boy with glasses.
I enjoyed the show very much! I'm looking forward to see it again! (and again, and again...haha)

Return to “Reviews Archive”