Matthew Dean -Billy, Marquee, Ocean St., Phx, Berkeley, CC

porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Matthew Dean -Billy, Marquee, Ocean St., Phx, Berkeley, CC

Post by porschesrule »

Matthew Dean has been cast as Billy in the CMT Marquee production.

http://www.broadwayworld.com/los-angele ... T-20160218
emcpow
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Matthew Dean - Billy, Marquee

Post by emcpow »

Matthew will play Billy in the upcoming production at the Ocean State Theatre in Warwick, Rhode Island, from September 28 to October 23.
In the lead role of Billy, Ocean State Theatre Company is thrilled to welcome Matthew Dean of California
http://www.broadwayworld.com/rhode-isla ... e-20160919
jdmag44
Michael

Re: Matthew Dean - Billy, Marquee & Ocean State

Post by jdmag44 »

A new and extraordinary Billy is about to emerge. His name is Matthew (Matty) Dean. He is currently starring in the role of Billy at the ocean state theater in Warwick Rhode Island. His greatest strength is his ballet/ gymnastics, background. He is also a good actor, and singer, the perfect combination for a great Billy. His tap dancing is dazzling, his angry dance really and truly an angry dance, powerful and riveting. His electricity is good as I've seen anywhere, mixing aerials and flips and concluding with 22. Continuous pirouettes. He plays a somewhat shy, innocent and vulnerable Billy. But when backed into a corner he responds with fierce determination.
I have seen him perform three times. His acting reminds me a bit of Zach Manske, his voice a bit like Noah Parrets, and his dancing, very much like Drew Menard. That may give you some idea of why I feel he will develop into an extraordinary Billy. He has two more productions coming up. Phoenix and Berkeley. I think we are going to hear great things about this young man. No doubt he has a wonderful future with musical theater. Best of luck to you Matty, keep working hard, enjoy the journey.
jdmag44
Michael

Post by jdmag44 »

UPDATE -MATTHEW DEAN-Ocean State Theatre

I was so fortunate to have this production at a theater only 20 minutes from home. I decided to do this little update because the last time I saw Matthew perform was 10 days ago. I must tell you I was really blown away with his dramatic improvement over what was already an excellent performance. With great confidence he truly took the stage and owned it. The most significant aspect of his last performance was that he showed incredible emotion, a very deep understanding of what Billy was "feeling" for example in the letter he shed real tears with a quivering lower lip. Standing on the kitchen table while Tony and Mrs. W confront each other his entire body shook, again the quivering lower lip the clenched hands the fidgeting all leading up to a bloodcurdling scream as he jumps off the table and enters the most incredible angry dance I have ever seen. muck912 summed it up perfictly in his review ". But his Angry Dance is one for the ages! The tapping is frenetic, the screams are bone-chilling, and he throws himself down to the stage more violently than any Billy I have ever seen. This Angry Dance should be taped and used to train every future regional or tour Billy. "

The scrumbled reply letter to mom. He sang it so beautifully. Almost in a whisper tone with great emotion and tears. Wonderful dramatic pauses and facial expressions. "Goodbye mum" never sounded so heartbreaking. What a wonderful actor this young man is, very very impressive.

If any of you are near Phoenix please be sure to see him. And those of you on the West Coast will get to see him in Berkeley. I can only imagine how incredible his performance will be moving forward. I just cannot say enough about how brilliant his performance was. Best of luck to you Matty you have a very bright future.
emcpow
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by emcpow »

Matthew will play Billy in the Phoenix Theatre production.

http://phxstages.blogspot.co.uk/2016/10 ... x.html?m=1
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

I have to echo the praises heaped upon Matty at The Oceasn State Theatre's production. He carried off every show with aplomb. For one who claims he came to acting and singing through dancing, he is now a true triple threat, and one would think he has come from a tour, or at least a Billy Boot Camp. Matty adds some acrobatics to Electricity that other regionals seem to omit (fear of an injury?) and his Angry Dance is a sheer tour de force. With two shows under his belt, I hope the next will allow him to fly and to tap (OST had tap only in Angry Dance). Two weeks ago, two Billy veterans retired from the role in Lancaster, PA - Matty has stepped up to take one of their positions as a very seasoned and rather excellent triple threat Billy.

Did I mention how humble and pleasant he is to audience members after each show?
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Matthew Dean -Billy, Marquee, Ocean State, Phoenix, Berkeley

Post by kport »

CMT San Jose CABARET NIGHT Benefit to Honor Brian Bumb and San Jose Flea Market
The show will feature Matthew Dean from last season's sensation Billy Elliot,
http://www.broadwayworld.com/san-franci ... t-20170124
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

Twelve-year-old San Jose resident Matthew Dean provided a show-stopping solo from “Billy Elliot the Musical” at Children’s Musical Theater San Jose’s annual Cabaret Night gala at the City National Civic in San Jose on Saturday, Feb. 4, 2017.
http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/02/06/p ... w-stopper/
CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by CJ-Rochester »

Matthew will play Billy in the Cape Cod production this August in Brewster, MA, his fifth time as Billy.

https://caperep.org/show/billy-elliot-t ... cal/#close
BillyBillyElliot
Audience Member

Cape Rep Theatre Brewster Mass 08-02-17 - 08-27/17

Post by BillyBillyElliot »

Matthew Dean is back as Billy in the upcoming Cape Rep Theatre production of BETM. Dean is has several starring roles as Billy including Warwick RI last year where I saw him. He's excellent as Billy, dancing, voice, acting, he's very well rounded in the part. The show runs from August 2 to August 27 in Brewster Mass on the Cape Cod. Details in the link provided. http://www.broadwayworld.com/boston/art ... L-20170707

Return to “Cast - Cape Cod”