Download a video clip to your computer

For UK, Aus and US media
JohnH
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Download a video clip to your computer

Post by JohnH »

We have been asked numerous times if it is possible to download a copy of a video clip in the gallery to your computer. This wasn't possible as the gallery software developers removed the ability to do this as it presented a security risk to the gallery. However they have re-instated the ability to do this in the version we have just upgraded to! :)

To download a copy of a video clip.
  1. Go to the clip you want to download in the gallery
  2. Along the top of the clip you will see several icons. Click on the one that looks like the letter i

3. Scroll down to the bottom of the clip and you should now see an extra box called 'File information'. (If not click on the i again as this toggles the information on and off)
  4. At the bottom of the information displayed in this new box will be an item called 'Direct Link: Play the file in your standard application'
  5. Right-click on the words 'Play the file in your standard application' and select 'Save Link As...' (or Save Target As.. in Internet Explorer)

6. Select where on your computer you want to save the video clip and then click on Save.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Download a video clip to your computer

Post by ERinVA »

Thank you, John! I am sure that members are going to be delighted with this. :D
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
Brad
George

Re: Download a video clip to your computer

Post by Brad »

Yes! This is a great inovation
Cheers

Brad

Return to “Multimedia & Gallery”