Ballet Girls

JohnH
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Ballet Girls

Post by JohnH »

These fantastic young ladies are the unsung heroes of the show. The talent these young performers must have to be able to look like they dance so badly during their scenes. Unfortunately the only time we get to see how talented they really are is in the finale.

One in particular caught my attention during yesterdays matinee. Unfortunately I haven't a clue what the character names of most of the ballet girls are never mind their real names! However, the one in question was wearing a stripy top with what looked like some sort of green animal on the front of it. During the 'angels on top of your music boxes' scene, rather than stop and stare at Billy, she stood with her arms crossed looking, it seemed, at one of the other girls. Then, when Billy had almost completed the move, she turned round and noticed Billy for the first time with almost a step backward and a look of total shock on her face. Her facial expressions during the scene when dad first discovers Billy doing ballet where excellent as well.
Clazzimay
Small Boy

Re: Ballet Girls

Post by Clazzimay »

I completely agree with John H. These talented young ladies are not given enough credit! The show would be a dull one without them..... Love em! ;)
LIPSTICK, MASCARA & A TIARA PEOPLE WILL THINK YOUR MENTAL!!
bubsycm
Debbie

Post by bubsycm »

I noticed one of the old lot of ballet girls is still in the show. I've mentioned her before. The little, smiley one in pink.
Charlotte x
karenspoal
Audience Member

Post by karenspoal »

Hi Guys
any chance of some more recent ballet girls pics or info????
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

Welcome to the forum karenspoal.

If anybody has any pics of the ballet girls can they please send them in to me for the gallery.

The last ones I have were taken on May 12th at the 4th birthday show and at Scarlet and Lewis's leaving show.
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

I tell a lie. I had a photo which was sent in and I had forgotten about it :oops: :oops: :oops:

It has now been posted.
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
Mike Newman
Tall Boy

Post by Mike Newman »

:? Saw Tanner last night. He gives a very serious and studied impression of a boy who really decides he wishes to study ballet.He received three full house standing ovations for his performance, - tremendous !! Can anybody truthfully say that he would have got his ambition from the way the present ballet girls muck about. All good fun, But, and a big but, we used to have some excellent dancing from the girls and only a few mucked about as would be normal. I used to sit there entranced at their skill, it was a joy to watch. Now their talent would be what inspired Billy, not todays totally fooling around !! No reflection on the girls, they are carrying out production decisions . There is a lot of talent there, let's see some of it !!

"and we all go together when we go "
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

But they are supposed to be talentless Tillys! (And yes, I know they aren't really; it's acting, and they do a great job of it. :D ) What else would you expect a bunch of girls in a class like Mrs. Wilkinson's to be? That is why she is so struck by Billy's drive and potential.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
dancestar
Audience Member

Post by dancestar »

Yes that is right the girls are very talented I should know my daughter is one of them. It would have been her team that you are talking about on thurs 6th aug and I was there also. I think the girls are all fab and if you knew how hard their training and audition process was maybe you would realise how talented these young girls are!!!!!!!!

I have lots of photos of the team but how do I upload them please tell me as not very computer minded

sorry if sound harsh above
dancestar
Audience Member

Post by dancestar »

Billy Whiz wrote:I tell a lie. I had a photo which was sent in and I had forgotten about it :oops: :oops: :oops:

It has now been posted.
Do I email the pics i have of the ballet girlsto you on this email address?

Return to “Cast - London”