Greg Jbara

Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Greg Jbara

Post by Billy Whiz »

Greg, who plays Jackie Elliot, deserves his own thread. At the stage door he is the most approachable, genuine person you could wish to meet.

Here is a link to his website where he very kindly has a link to the forum.

http://www.gregoryjbara.com/index-bw.html
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
Cherri
Small Boy

Re: Greg Jbara

Post by Cherri »

Hi Billy Whiz,

I sooo agree with you about Greg Jbara. I was permitted to step inside the back stage door and wait for him...one rainy night in NYC. At 10 minutes after midnight (!) he finished taking care of whatever needed to be done, came to the back door and kindly, kindly had his picture taken with me. Thus, my avatar. He is a terrific man- and thanks for the link. Cherri
<--- 2 grandmas
johnnyc
Mr Braithwaite

Post by johnnyc »

And I also was invited in through the stage door and onto the Imperial stage to talk to Greg after a show. I was with two charming ladies who had apparently asked and been given permission. We are fortunate to have such a gracious and friendly actor doing the show.
Todd
Dad

Post by Todd »

Add me to the list of stage door invitees ! I can only imagine how many people Greg has been kind enough to talk to and to show around after shows, if this many of us have had similar experiences.

I would agree also that he is the most generous, down-to-earth guy that I've ever had the pleasure of meeting in show business. I tried to express to him how much I appreciated him "going the extra mile" with the time he spends with the fans. He kindly said words to the effect of, "Well, without you all, there wouldn't be a show and we wouldn't be here. So we know how important you all are to what we do."
Mike
Ballet Girl

Post by Mike »

Pic of one of the nicest men in show business outside the stage door 3-28-09

Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

Can't agree more about Greg. He really is a gentleman.
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
angelenroute
Billy

Post by angelenroute »

Billy Whiz wrote:Can't agree more about Greg. He really is a gentleman.
Though I have never been invited in (only been able to see the show a few times so far), I also want to put in my two cents for the totally awesome Greg Jbara. I loved his role in In & Out many years ago which was a movie that changed my life for the better at a very important time for me. I'm so happy he's in the show now and I was honored to meet him after the October 1st performance. He has also taken the time to write me online. Great, great guy.

Greg, if you read this, I hope you see how so many on the Forum (even if they don't post it here) are so appreciative of your time with us fans! =)

Sean

"Good writers define reality; bad ones merely restate it." -Edward Albee
jillmichael
Tall Boy

Post by jillmichael »

angelenroute wrote:Though I have never been invited in (only been able to see the show a few times so far), I also want to put in my two cents for the totally awesome Greg Jbara. I loved his role in In & Out many years ago which was a movie that changed my life for the better at a very important time for me.
I saw the movie In & Out, when it was in theatres!! I'd say it was good 12 years ago-I think I was maybe 11 years old, and sadly I don't remember Greg Jbara in the movie. :(

But yeah, he is totally one of the nicest guys on Broadway. Greg rocks!
angelenroute
Billy

Post by angelenroute »

angelenroute wrote:I loved his role in In & Out many years ago which was a movie that changed my life for the better at a very important time for me.
jillmichael wrote:I saw the movie In & Out, when it was in theatres!! I'd say it was good 12 years ago-I think I was maybe 11 years old, and sadly I don't remember Greg Jbara in the movie. :( But yeah, he is totally one of the nicest guys on Broadway. Greg rocks!
Greg played Kevin Kline's dopey brother Walter. Knowing Greg now and his outgoing personality, his dopey, quiet persona in the movie must have had the cast in stitches in between takes! =)

"Good writers define reality; bad ones merely restate it." -Edward Albee
clue
Tall Boy

Post by clue »

I found a very good interview on Greg's blog.

http://www.gregoryjbara.com/

The link is named: "Improper.com - Interview with Greg".

It is a great interview covering a large number of topics.

Return to “Cast - Broadway”