I HAVE A QUESTION?

For off-topic content
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: I HAVE A QUESTION?

Post by ERinVA »

Thanks. :D I'll be interested to know, for sure.

In any case, I would argue that Tall Boy isn't really playing a particular character with a name at that point in the show. My feeling is that he is just one of the village kids who has been pressed into wearing the sleeping bag as part of the entertainment, as is the girl.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
StevenKing
Mrs Wilkinson

Post by StevenKing »

Actually since when was the sleeping bag part a boy and girl...I've always seen it with Michael and Tall boy!
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

In the current version of the London show, it's Tall Boy and a Ballet Girl. Michael is not involved.
Ellen

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
dancingboy
Billy

Post by dancingboy »

joninfinity wrote:Another new (?) thing that I noticed for the first time while the kids are sitting in front watching the puppet show, tallboy who is sitting to the left, reaches out and tries to put his arm around one of the girls... :lol: I saw in two different shows and wasn't sure if I had just never noticed it before, anyway it was kind of cute.

* Have fun at both Thursday shows Kport.

That happens in every show, Jon. It's Tall boy and Debbie and Debbie always shrugs him off.
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

I can confirm that a reference to 'Barnardos' was made in last night's performance.

And that Tall Boy does, indeed, try to sneak an arm around Debbie in the same scene. She quickly rebuffs him. Had it been Billy, who had tried that one on............................................it might have been quite different!
FanBilly
Small Boy

Post by FanBilly »

I have a question

At what point is a Billy considered "Senior Billy"? Is it the oldest, or the most experienced in the role?
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

FanBilly wrote:I have a question

At what point is a Billy considered "Senior Billy"? Is it the oldest, or the most experienced in the role?
As has been discussed here and on other BETM boards often in the past, the tradition in London is that the determining factor is time in the role based on the earliest debut date of those in the rotation. Currently, Elliott is the "senior" Billy based on that criteria.
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

FanBilly wrote:I have a question

Among us?

The most senior, in terms of start date. If it really matters. I suppose you could take into account 'total shows performed'. Why pick and choose, though? They are all exceptional.

Among the cast?

Good Lord, there are four or five boys involved who share the responsibility equally. I truly hope that they are all considered 'senior Billys'. Five Equals. End of. Period.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

As it's used on here, it simply means the one in the current group who has been in the role the longest. In other words: Seniority as defined in the workplace.
Ellen

FanBilly
Small Boy

Post by FanBilly »

Okay, thanks for that. I did notice it being defined elsewhere AFTER I posted here (that always seems to happen to me).
I obviously agree that all cast members are equal. The entire company is equal, on-stage, backstage, front-of-house, large responsibility or seemingly smaller.
Merely wondered, as I'm fairly new to the forum and have been perusing the different threads here and there, often coming across this "terminology" so to speak in reviews and cast member threads.

It had made me wonder, because I believe that Ollie is the oldest Billy at the moment, but he started about a year after Elliott, and I wondered if that still made him senior Billy. Now that's straightened out for me.
Again I might be wrong in this guess that Ollie is oldest, I don't really keep tabs on their ages, doesn't really matter, but I wondered all the same.

Return to “General Chat”