I HAVE A QUESTION?

For off-topic content
NIKKIE-NIKKIE
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

I HAVE A QUESTION?

Post by NIKKIE-NIKKIE »

A central place for you to post your questions, so other forum members can help you or guide you to the correct area of the forum.

Don't forget to denote if you are asking specifically about UK/AUS/US "BETM".
Take life with a pinch of salt.....a slice of lime, and a shot of tequila.
NIKKIE-NIKKIE
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Re: I HAVE A QUESTION?

Post by NIKKIE-NIKKIE »

amytmcg wrote:
Will the show officially announce ahead of time the scheduled departure of anyone in the cast?

How are some of you getting backstage tours??
In answer to the first question, it is not normally officially announced when a cast member is leaving.

We do not wish to speculate on the site, as people can be upset if they read a post saying "I heard XYZ is leaving" and it turns out to be unfounded.

We as a forum will post these announcements if we can get confirmation from viable sources.

In answer to Q2 :oops: I have no idea :lol: Over to the forum !

I believe I am correct in saying "amytmcg" would like to know this information in relation to the US, but it would be good to know about UK and Aus as well.
Take life with a pinch of salt.....a slice of lime, and a shot of tequila.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

The answer to the backstage tour question is that those of us who contributed to buy the bears at auction in order to return them to their Billys received a backstage tour as part of the deal. :D

http://www.billyelliottheforum.me.uk/fo ... 7482#p7482
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
ISawBillyElliot
Audience Member

Post by ISawBillyElliot »

Ok so i went to see Billy Elliot on the 8th of June 2009 in London,
my question is... what billy was performing! i've been trying to figure it out for ages now and i think i've narowed it down to Fox OR Tom,
if anyone knows PLEASE let me know i really want to know

ps the show was AMAZING!
Billy Elliot the musical gave me hope that my dreams will come true.
chocchipcookie26
Tony

Post by chocchipcookie26 »

You saw Tom Holland :)
x
ISawBillyElliot
Audience Member

Post by ISawBillyElliot »

thank you so so much!!! you have no idea how much i appreciate that! thank you again!
Billy Elliot the musical gave me hope that my dreams will come true.
lolabeanz
Small Boy

Post by lolabeanz »

Do shows normally do anything special for the anniversary show? Nov 13 is the anniversary of Billy opening? ..just thinking of maybe going:)
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Quite a few of us have tickets for that show in hopes that it will be special. I would love to see a B'way version of the First Birthday show that happened in London! But no one knows yet if anything special is planned.
Ellen

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
lolabeanz
Small Boy

Post by lolabeanz »

oh no, i might just have to get a ticket!!! :)
what did they do at the London bday show?
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

For the First Birthday Gala show in London, even though James and George had retired by that time, all three originals played Billy in a kind of tag team performance, with one Billy performing a scene and then handing it off to the next Billy, and so on. Some of the transitions from Billy to Billy were absolute genius, such as one Billy (Liam) going into the toilet and another (George) coming out to consider Debbie's offer. At one point, in the part where Dad interrupts Mrs. W's ballet class, all three Billys, who had been taking turns throughout the scene, were on the stage at once, so when Dad burst through the doors yelling, "What the hell's going on here?" he was confronted with not one, but three Billys facing him, at which point two peeled off, leaving only one to finish the scene. The other really funny moment that I remember occurred in Expressing Yourself, with James as Billy to Brad's Michael. When they arrived at the bit where Michael says to Billy, "Oh, you look gorgeous," Brad instead said, "Christ, Billy, your voice has gotten LOW!" It was totally hilarious! What a wonderful performance that was! I would be sooooo ecstatic if the NY production would celebrate its first birthday by doing a similar performance!
Ellen

Return to “General Chat”