I HAVE A QUESTION?

For off-topic content
angelenroute
Billy

Re: I HAVE A QUESTION?

Post by angelenroute »

With all due respect, I believe there are other truly serious matters worthy of all our rage. Using a term like Senior Billy is hardly worth getting upset over. As Ellen said, it's simply a designation of who's been in the role the longest. It's an accolade, in fact, and for a role that's always aged out, it's something a young performer can and should wear with some honor even, just as they will once they become a senior in secondary/high school years later.

Sean

"Good writers define reality; bad ones merely restate it." -Edward Albee
FanBilly
Small Boy

Post by FanBilly »

It's an accolade, in fact, and for a role that's always aged out, it's something a young performer can and should wear with some honour even, just as they will once they become a senior in secondary/high school years later.
I agree. It is in no way meant to be demeaning to other performers. When I entered my later years of school, I felt proud to be recognised as a "senior", though I was no different in ranking than any other member of the school.
I think that often a longer-running billy can act as a role model to newer billies, like Mitchell did when Matteo first started.

Again, I don't think it's important, I just wanted to know what it meant. Billy thrives on the variety of performances given nightly! (The current London group in particular is wonderfully varied!)
Michal
Audience Member

Post by Michal »

Hi all. Where would be the best place to ask about the daily tickets? I'll be visiting London this Thursday to Sunday, coming from Slovakia, and I can currently only afford the daily tickets. I will however be arriving on Thursday 2PM to Victoria, do you think the daily tickets will still be available for that day?

Thank you
Live long and prosper.
SolidarityForever
Small Boy

Post by SolidarityForever »

Michal wrote:Hi all. Where would be the best place to ask about the daily tickets? I'll be visiting London this Thursday to Sunday, coming from Slovakia, and I can currently only afford the daily tickets. I will however be arriving on Thursday 2PM to Victoria, do you think the daily tickets will still be available for that day?

Thank you
Yes, I get day tickets most of the time and you're likely to be the first to get one if you get to the theatre at about 9 AM, one hour before the theatre opens. On some days (usually week days) you're even still able to get day seats in the afternoon and sometimes good spots (row B, which is the first or second row, most of the time) are released on the day of the show which you'll be able to get for the day seat price.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Here's the best place to look for ticketing information for the London show:

http://www.billyelliottheforum.me.uk/fo ... p?f=9&t=64
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
Michal
Audience Member

Post by Michal »

Thanks, well I hope I will be lucky to get 'em! :-)
Live long and prosper.

Return to “General Chat”