Fathom Events

BillyBob
Small Boy

Fathom Events

Post by BillyBob »

I just though that I would bring this up to the Forum. Maybe it will develop. Anyone out there ever thought about BETM making it on to Fathom Events? I've seen a couple of shows they've put out (Phantom and Love Never Dies) and they were great. If BE could make it to the big screen, more people might get a chance to see it around the world. Anyone have any contacts or pull?

Robert
rob_hanson1979
George

Re: Fathom Events

Post by rob_hanson1979 »

I'm not sure what Fathom Events are, but if it involves opening BE up to a bigger audience, I'm all for it!
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

I have raised this in former posts; I think it would be a great way to promote Broadway Shows, but I wonder if obtaining the copyrights might prove too expensive?

http://www.fathomevents.com/#!the-metro ... live-in-hd
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Fathomevents broadcasts the Metropolitan Opera's Saturday afternoon performances live in many movie theaters around the country. They also do one-off broadcasts of performances from the Globe and other venues, as well as a variety of sports events, such as boxing. Our local Movie Tavern does the Met ones, but they don't show everything that Fathom offers. They pick and choose. Some things from Fathom are not actually live. I saw a 3D broadcast of Matthew Bourne's "Swan Lake" (yes, that one) at the Movie Tavern, but it was not a live, real-time performance. I LOVED it, and I hope that one day his "Sleeping Beauty" will show up on Fathom as well.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
rob_hanson1979
George

Post by rob_hanson1979 »

Oh cool, yes we do have that! I have just never heard the name Fathom. It's probably distributed by a different company in Canada.
We actually get quite a few performances from the Bolshoi and the Royal Ballet. I think we get about 1 show a month.
Would definately love to see BE broadcast this way... then they could release a Blu Ray of it too! :-)

Return to “Non-BETM Archive”