Quotable Quotes.....

A place for all games
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Quotable Quotes.....

Post by kport »

Henry Hill....Goodfellas....

Could be any politician.................

This is a UK politician's quote:

Film. Actor. Please:

Actor: Good morning, Majesty. Sorry to disturb, but I was just wondering whether you'd seen any of today's papers?
(redacted) We've managed to look at one or two, yes.
Actor: In which case my... next question would be whether you felt some kind of response...
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

Jimmy Dugan 'League of their Own'. Though it could be the Mets............

Maintaining a sporting note (Yes - the rest of the world plays sports. This one is a quote from a tv series about the sport watched by more spectators than any in the world):

British Player: I demand an apology, one of your team mates called me a bastard.
Australian Player: Which one of you bastards called this bastard a bastard?

I need: the TV series name.

The sport.

(I love the Australian candour!)
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

A Man For All Seasons.

If it were up to me, I would require all MBA candidates to study this film, and Becket, to understand how conflicts between powerful individuals can build up - and be reconciled, one way or the other.

Sticking with the them of a 'Man', here is an easy one:

The Title. The Author behind the story.

Senor A: Dost not see? A monstrous giant of infamous repute whom I intend to encounter.
Senor B: It's a windmill.
Senor A: A giant. Canst thou not see the four great arms whirling at his back?
Senor B: A giant?
Senor B: Exactly.
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

Not sure what the answer is......unless you gave it. But the actor playing that role is Sidney Poitier.

Hence. maintaining that connection:

The film, and the singer of the title song:

'If you apologize because you are afraid, then you're a child, not a man.'

(This film is one of the reasons I chose to be a teacher.)
StevenKing
Mrs Wilkinson

Post by StevenKing »

In the heat of the night...lol

Ok the one I've been waiting to post...a hint it was HARD to find a quote that wouldn't get me banned here...
Eat lead you man-stealing slut!

I will also raise my eyebrow if you have seen this movie...thank god the director went on to some rather successful films...
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

Truman (Jim Carrey), in the quirky 1998 film of the same name.

Slightly different:

What movie did these song lyrics appear in, and who sang them?

(The song could easily be the anthem of our present Congress :lol:)

Your proposition may be good
But let's have one thing understood
Whatever it is, I'm against it!
And even when you've changed it
Or condensed it
I'm against it!
Katwoman
Small Boy

Post by Katwoman »

It was from "Horse Feathers" and was sung (a debatable point) by Groucho Marx.

Here's another. Who said this, what was the name of the character and what was the film?

"If we bring a little joy into your humdrum lives, it makes us feel our work ain't been in vain for nothin'."
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

'Singing in the Rain' - Lina.

Here is one of the classic quotes of all time: Who spoke these words; to whom is he addressing (in spirit), and in which building were these words spoken?:

Well, xxxxxx xxxxxx. Are you satisfied? Here I am, stripped, kneeling at your tomb, while those treacherous Saxon monks of yours are getting ready to thrash me. Me - with my delicate skin. I bet you'd never have done the same for me. But - I suppose I have to do this penance and make my peace with you. Hmm. What a strange end to our story. How cold it was when we last met - on the shores of France. Funny, it's nearly always been cold - except at the beginning, when we were friends. We did have a few - fine summer evenings with the girls. Did you love Gwendolen, Archbishop? Did you hate me the night I took her from you, shouting "I am the king"? Perhaps that's what you could never forgive me for. Look at them lurking there, gloating. Oh, xxxxxx, I'm ashamed of this whole silly masquerade. All right, so I've come here to make my peace with their Saxon hero because I need them now, those Saxon peasants of yours. Now I will call them my sons, as you wanted me to. You taught me that, too. You taught me everything. Those were the happy times. You remember, at the peep of dawn, when as usual we'd been drinking and wenching in the town. You were even better at that than I was.
StevenKing
Mrs Wilkinson

Post by StevenKing »

[quote="steadmam"]Steven, I think the director your referring to is Peter Jackson from the "The Lord of the Rings" movies. :)

When I find a director I like, I'll check out his or her other film. However, the director of your quote is not the same Peter Jackson. Your Peter Jackson is from New Jersey, but the Peter Jackson of "The Lord of the Rings" films is from New Zealand. I made the same mistake, which is why I seen this film. It was only after watching it that I did some more research and discovered that they were two different director's.

Your quote comes from: :geek:

Meet the Feebles lol nope it's VERY much the same director...he even referenced it when he accepted his oscar. Most twisted puppet movie ever, the last sequence literally gave me nightmares!!!
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

joninfinity wrote:That, would be Becket :D

Indeed, a classic Quote. Sorry, after you took all the time to write all that. Richard Burton, and the late Peter O' Tool... (I have most of his films on DVD) Though I don't remember off hand the building where the words were spoken...(I may have to put it in the DVD to check that out.) King Henry (O' Toole) to Becket (Burton) As he recalls his friend.

Next;

"It will be the kiss by which all others in your life will be judged... And found wanting."
The building is Canterbury Cathedral. The spot is about twenty feet behind the spot where I sang in that choir for several years.

http://tinyurl.com/oepesyz

Return to “Games”