June 2010 Reviews - Chicago

ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: June 2010 Reviews - Chicago

Post by ERinVA »

Billy the dog and I bonded nicely. You know a dog likes you when it sticks its behind up in the air for you to scratch. :lol: :lol:

I explained to Giuseppe that his Billy the dog is second generation, since the original Billy the dog is the black Lab puppy that Liam Mower received as a present at his final show. I wonder how Billy the Lab is getting along these days... 8-) :D
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

ERinVA wrote:PS I met Giuseppe’s dog. He is a cute Westie, named……….. BILLY!
Just curious -- has Giuseppe taught Billy to bark with a Geordie accent yet? :lol: :lol: :lol:
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

I think he just speaks DOG, with a Scottish accent, of course, because he is a West Highland Terrier, after all. 8-) :D
Ellen

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

ERinVA wrote: I wonder how Billy the Lab is getting along these days... 8-) :D
Well I would imagine, like all Billys, that he will have grown since his first venture onto the stage :D
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
gpcolo
George

Post by gpcolo »

It looks like Billy grew up to be a well-rounded dog- at least the picture from 2008 demonstrates:
http://www.friendster.com/photos/56355063/1/339092820
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Of course, I think it's worth noting that this may or may not be Liam's actual photo site, since a fair number of the photos, including the one of Billy the dog, seem to have been lifted from the gallery of the old forum. I believe that Liam told someone quite a while back that this friendster site was a fake, and I would certainly have to wonder why in one of the galleries he would post a production photo of Sally Dexter and Travis. Still, fun to see the photos, regardless.

Now, I think it's time to let Billy the dog go out to play and get back to Chicago reviews. :D
Ellen

CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by CJ-Rochester »

Speaking of "back to Chicago reviews", my final from last weekend:

Sun. June 27, 2010 2:00 pm

Billy - Giuseppe,
Michael - Keean,
Small Boy - Elijah,
+ understudys: Mr. Braithwaite - Will Mann, Big Davey - Kent Lewis

This was a special day for me because I reached a milestone, my 20th show! Also I had one of the most perfect seats one can get in this Chicago theatre, row F center orchestra. In addition I was treated to an amazing performance by Giuseppe and the rest of the company. :)

Breakfast-
Giuseppe and Grandma worked well together in the pasty scene. He has excellent diction and a sweet high voice.

Boxing-
Giuseppe laughed at small boy's "loser" line to George, after which George bopped him. :D It took a couple of shows but Chicago's George, played by Jim Ortlieb, has grown on me.

Shine-
Emily was really hot today in this number.

Grandma's song-
Giuseppe was very attentive, smiling, and engaged as he listened to Grandma's story.

Solidarity-
This was probably the strongest performance of my three shows in Chicago. The Sunday matinee audience was very dead at the start but finally woke up at this number.

Express-
Keean was in great voice. He is so amazing in this role. He should be very proud of how far he has come in the past year of playing Michael.

Letter-
Giuseppe, with his high pitched voice, sang this very well. It was probably one of the best performances of this song I have ever heard. At the end he delivered the "she was just me mum" line loud and clear, and the audience laughed.

Dream Ballet-
Giuseppe looks a lot like the older Billy. I liked his wide-eyed wonderment during the flying. He has beautiful ballet form.

Royal Ballet-
Spencer Milford is one of the poshest Posh Boys I have seen. He sneers at Billy when he crosses the stage to go into the audition. Later, when Billy is angry at not being allowed to dance for the audition, Spencer holds himself with an air of superiority as he explains to Billy that "it's only a stupid audition". I see the makings of an excellent actor, even though the tall boy/posh boy role doesn't give much opportunity to show it.

Electricity-
Giuseppe sings this in a loud, high, clear, sweet voice.

While I didn't give as many details as I sometimes have done (was tired of taking notes), I must say that Giuseppe is a great all-around Billy. He is an amazing actor, singer, and dancer, with the perfect boyish looks and expressions. He is definitely one of my new favorites. :) What a perfect way to close out this Billy-thon!
-Chris
:/
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Congratulations on your 20th show, CJ. And thanks for your reviews of your Chicago trip. Excellent! :D
Ellen

cincinnati
Tall Boy

Post by cincinnati »

Saw the 100th show wed night...with the Billy Elliot version of Babe Ruth and Lou Gehrig........Tommy Batchelor and Keean Johnson.....what a show...what a performance...these two guys are simply outstanding
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Would that not go into July's reviews? 8-)
Ellen

Return to “Reviews - Chicago”