September 2010 Reviews - Chicago

StevenKing
Mrs Wilkinson

Re: September 2010 Reviews - Chicago

Post by StevenKing »

SHITE I wish I'd been there to see that!
Todd
Dad

Post by Todd »

chi-towngirl wrote: Keean had the perfect response: A long, deep, gutteral "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" and I was crying in my seat! Keean spent the rest of the scene tenderly trying to put her back together.
Keean has the part of Michael pretty much down to perfection by now. I was blown away by his performance when I was there this summer. I never did see him play Michael in New York (he was always the tall/posh boy when I saw him there) but I wish I had so I could see if he was always this good. He's such an integral part to the show that it seems like he's always been there - kind of like Ryan Longbottom in London, whom you couldn't imagine BETM without since he was there for so long. I look forward to seeing Keean again when I'm in Chicago in a few weeks.
gpcolo
George

Post by gpcolo »

I was fortunate to be front center for the leg removal and the look of surprise and guilty pleasure in Tommy's eyes was just as chi-town girl described. I asked Tommy about it at the stage door and he only laughed and stared back with the same look he had produced in the show.
cincinnati
Tall Boy

Post by cincinnati »

Todd wrote:
chi-towngirl wrote: Keean had the perfect response: A long, deep, gutteral "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" and I was crying in my seat! Keean spent the rest of the scene tenderly trying to put her back together.
Keean has the part of Michael pretty much down to perfection by now. I was blown away by his performance when I was there this summer. I never did see him play Michael in New York (he was always the tall/posh boy when I saw him there) but I wish I had so I could see if he was always this good. He's such an integral part to the show that it seems like he's always been there - kind of like Ryan Longbottom in London, whom you couldn't imagine BETM without since he was there for so long. I look forward to seeing Keean again when I'm in Chicago in a few weeks.

Keean Johnson has been a loyal hard working young man for this production. I am glad that people are giving this humble outstanding young man some credit that he SO deserves! Keean's work as Michael in Chicago and his dual work in the New York City production are without question outstanding!
KR200
Small Boy

Post by KR200 »

SEPTEMBER 8, 2010 (Mat)
Billy: Giuseppe
Michael: Keean
Small Boy: Mark
Other cast changes: Mum-Susan Haefner, Clipboard Woman-Kate Marilley, Older Billy-Nicholas Torres
Seat: ORCH-C, Row C, Seat 111

This was my first Chicago Billy show (after seeing it a few times in NYC). I heard a lot of hype about Tommy (never got to see on Broadway) and Cesar and was really hoping to see one of them... But, I was lucky enough to have caught Giuseppe's second to last show. All I can say is that I was blown away by his performance. His dancing and acting are superb. You can tell this kid has been dancing for a long time because he is very technical with all his steps. I would consider him a "Ballet Billy," but his tapping abilities in Express and Angry Dance were terrific. I wish I could provide more detail, but I saw the show over a month ago and most of it slips me. Chicago will miss Giuseppe, but the rest of the country is lucky to enough to experience his talent. Keean is a natural in his role of Michael. The timing is always spot on.
Chicago
Billy: Giuseppe x1, JP x2, Marcus x2, Tommy x1, Cesar x2
Michael: Keean x4, Dillon x3, Jack x1
Debbie: Maria x8, TB: Spencer x6, Kennedy x2, SB: Mark x6, Elijah x2

NYC
Billy: David Ax1, Tanner x1, Trent x1
Michael: Keean x1, Frank x2

Return to “Reviews - Chicago”