BEST BETM MEMORY OF 2013

jdmag44
Michael

BEST BETM MEMORY OF 2013

Post by jdmag44 »

Wow I had so many to chose from.

For me it was Noah's final show in Hartford - a brilliant, powerfully emotional performance - a piano flip - and Janet's touching tribute to Noah
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: BEST BETM MEMORY OF 2013

Post by kport »

jdmag44 wrote:Wow I had so many to chose from.

For me it was Noah's final show in Hartford - a brilliant, powerfully emotional performance - a piano flip - and Janet's touching tribute to Noah
There are many moments, besides those to do with BETM, but I would agree with you, Joe: Noah's final performance topped the many excellent performances I saw in Clearwater, Naples, Jacksonville, West Palm Beach, Schenectady and Hartford..................they were all fantastic, but that special moment with Noah and Janet was the top of the list of BETM moments. Somehow it got me through the emotions of the Tour's ending and let me enjoy Mitch's performance later that evening.

But in terms of sheer non-BETM wonder, it would have to be the flash mob at the Kravis before the BETM perfomance in early March - seeing these young singers sing that song before a performance of BETM just seemed so moving - and fitting - to the thousands assembled there:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIFZrlheAew
Todd
Dad

Post by Todd »

For me it would have to be Ben Cook's final performance in the show, which was in Las Vegas back in May. Dead Mum's line of "Love you forever, Ben" and then Ben's and Sam Poon's farewells to each other using their real names at the end of the show added to an already emotional evening.
Katwoman
Small Boy

Post by Katwoman »

Hello, everybody and Happy New Year.

I saw "Billy Elliot" nine times in 2013 and enjoyed every minute of every show. I saw Tade twice, Harris once, Ali once and the wonderful Harrison five times. Redmand has been in the production for well over a year, but I still have not been lucky enough to see him perform!

However, the best memory of 2013 has to be Harrison's last night, when everything conspired to produce an amazing, emotional show. My sister and I still talk about how it was probably the best evening we had ever had in a theatre, including "My Fair Lady" in 2001!

A magnificent evening.
tankntonic
Ballet Girl

Post by tankntonic »

My Fav. BETM moment of 2013 would have to be three shows in London. Mr. cool- Harrison, Mr. Happy- Redmand, and Mr. Innocence -Elliott. Also, three different Michaels, Zak, Zach, and Joe. All in a two day span.
Wish I could have seen Ali, but it was not to be..
Lightman7
Small Boy

Post by Lightman7 »

For me it was the two final shows in Sao Paulo - The raw emotion of the last time the amazing tour cast was performing together, and their heart wrenching tears/goodbyes.

Return to “"Billy" Around the World”