MTI Acquires International Licensing Rights to BETM

StevenKing
Mrs Wilkinson

Re: MTI Acquires International Licensing Rights to BETM

Post by StevenKing »

He's already been an equal partner for 25 years... The majority part is new and a defensive move it said...and this seems to be an expansion outside of the USA. I don't see this as having much effect for broadway per say. More like looking for new markets.
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

BETM now available for licensing

Post by kport »

For quite some time, BETM has been licensed through MTI to various international regional production companies, and schools. During that period, the MTI website claimed that the show would become available for licensing within three months of each day the website was read. On October 29th, this announcement was removed, and BETM is now fully open for licensing:

http://mtiblog.mtishows.com/billy-ellio ... licensing/

Perhaps this explains why three new licenses were announced on the 30th of October - the day after full licensing was announced.

(I am uncertain what change has occurred, but I am guessing some conflict over licensing............I wonder whether there was a period during which several regional shows (such as the Dutch production) had been licensed through the London company before MTI came onto the scene, and these runs had to end before MTI would assume exclusive rights to license the show? Just a guess..... ;) ).

Return to “"Billy" Around the World”