"In Memory of David Wilson" at end of DVD

Is the Music live? Where are auditons held?
trekbikerusa
Audience Member

"In Memory of David Wilson" at end of DVD

Post by trekbikerusa »

It appeared at the end...who was he?
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: "In Memory of David Wilson" at end of DVD

Post by ERinVA »

I have wondered that as well, so this is what I found when I googled his name:

https://www.thestage.co.uk/features/obi ... id-watson/

I can only assume that his connection with BETM was as an agent, and apparently a very respected one.

By the way, welcome to the forum, trekbikerusa. I hope you enjoy it here. :D
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
trekbikerusa
Audience Member

Post by trekbikerusa »

ERinVA, thanks for your welcome and allowing me to post questions. I learned about BETM on PBS. I did see the movie when it came out but didn't really know there was a musical. PBS censored the language and gestures so I got the regular DVD. It was so good that I have probably seen it ten times already. I have the VPT souvenir program which I got thru the mail. Now I am thinking about getting the Blu-Ray disc but that means I would need to get a Blu-Ray player. Still cheaper than flying to London which I really can't do at this time plus I need the subtitles (I'm Deaf). I have written a list of questions so I'll be asking them periodically. Thanks again!
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

I just looked at the title of your thread again. Actually his name is David Watson. At least that is the person I looked up. 8-)
Ellen

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

trekbikerusa wrote:ERinVA, thanks for your welcome and allowing me to post questions. I learned about BETM on PBS. I did see the movie when it came out but didn't really know there was a musical. PBS censored the language and gestures so I got the regular DVD. It was so good that I have probably seen it ten times already. I have the VPT souvenir program which I got thru the mail. Now I am thinking about getting the Blu-Ray disc but that means I would need to get a Blu-Ray player. Still cheaper than flying to London which I really can't do at this time plus I need the subtitles (I'm Deaf). I have written a list of questions so I'll be asking them periodically. Thanks again!
Too bad you weren't able to attend one of the signed performances that have been done at the VPT over the years.
Ellen

LiamM
Technical Advisor
Technical Advisor

Post by LiamM »

I saw a signed performance in Columbus, Ohio.
trekbikerusa
Audience Member

Post by trekbikerusa »

I'm more likely to understand it in Ohio than VPT! :) It was in BSL (British Sign Language) at VPT. I did see the signed performance listed on the VPT schedule (as well as a captioned BETM). I don't know BSL but ASL (American Sign Language). Sign language is not universal...many sign languages across the world. ASL is more closely related to French Sign Language than BSL due to a Deaf French man bringing it to America. Anyway, don't we learn a lot when we read about BETM in the Billy Elliot Forum! :) Now I know about Ruthie's cigarette case on the stage in the BETM Live show. Ha!
trekbikerusa
Audience Member

Post by trekbikerusa »

Forgot to say thanks for correcting me...about the last name. I found it interesting that he was an actor then turned an agent. I must have seen him act in the Planet of Apes when I was young.

Return to “Information/Questions about BETM”