Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 10th Birthday Show

Post by ERinVA »

Yes, she certainly did.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
Bridget40
Tall Boy

Post by Bridget40 »

Todd wrote:
Bridget40 wrote:Great show/celebration all round..... I can imagine how disappointing it might have been for Matteo and Elliott to leave the company so close to the 10th birthday, so I think it was a fantastic gesture to include them in the show.
I thought the same thing about Ann Emery . . . too bad she couldn't have been in the 10 year anniversary show. Wonder if she at least attended the performance ?
Ann was there, but I was surprised about how so few of the forty Billy's turned up. I didn't see any of the original three up on the stage, and even recent Billy's like Ali, Harrison and Mitchell were not there! Still a great night though.
Darth_Revan
Ballet Girl

Post by Darth_Revan »

Bridget40 wrote:but I was surprised about how so few of the forty Billy's turned up. I didn't see any of the original three up on the stage, and even recent Billy's like Ali, Harrison and Mitchell were not there! Still a great night though.
When there are so many people involved and it's a fixed date it's inevitable that some people won't be able to put it t ino his/her schedule
---
István
Darth_Revan
Ballet Girl

Post by Darth_Revan »

jen wrote:I understand that there were special programmes for the day what were they like? Are there any spare one
It's not very good quality, but I appreciate that they wanted to give something to each patron to keep it along with the memory of a great night.

If you cannot get a copy, send me a private message with your address and I will mail one to you.
---
István
Barry Appleby
George

Post by Barry Appleby »

Liam and Layton arrived later
Borrobil
Ballet Girl

Post by Borrobil »

Darth_Revan wrote:
Bridget40 wrote:but I was surprised about how so few of the forty Billy's turned up. I didn't see any of the original three up on the stage,......
When there are so many people involved and it's a fixed date it's inevitable that some people won't be able to put it t ino his/her schedule
It is exam season in the UK from ~8th May to ~2nd week in June.
I have no doubt any ex-Billys who are currently 15.5/16 years old or 17.5/18 years decided their GCSE or A-level exams took priority, especially on a week day, (unless they were fairly local).
~ Paul ~
angelenroute
Billy

Post by angelenroute »

Borrobil wrote:It is exam season in the UK from ~8th May to ~2nd week in June.
I have no doubt any ex-Billys who are currently 15.5/16 years old or 17.5/18 years decided their GCSE or A-level exams took priority, especially on a week day, (unless they were fairly local).
I guess the same may be true for someone like Trent, right in the midst of end-of-year studies at Princeton. Corey and Tade were able to get over, but others not so easily. As has always been the case with theatre, and especially Billy Elliot, there are so many logistics to consider regarding "children" (in this case I extend that to still-school-age former Billys).

Sean

"Good writers define reality; bad ones merely restate it." -Edward Albee
Barry Appleby
George

Post by Barry Appleby »

Plenty of x Michaels there on Tuesday, I saw Reece Barrett, Thomas Moore, Zack Atkinson, Zak Baker, Connor Kelly and Brad Kavanagh and I believe plenty more.
angelenroute
Billy

Post by angelenroute »

Borrobil wrote:Some great photos and write up in Broadway world. Who's getting caked :o by Josh, Ryan and :twisted:Deano.
http://www.broadwayworld.com/westend/ar ... y-20150513
Looks like that was Thomas Hazelby, based on pants he's wearing in this pic from the BETM Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/BillyElliotthe ... =3&theater

(and because he's little and easily lift-up-able?) :)

Sean

"Good writers define reality; bad ones merely restate it." -Edward Albee
CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by CJ-Rochester »

These are the clearest photos I have seen showing 16 former Billys, not counting Liam and Layton who arrived later.

https://www.facebook.com/BillyElliotthe ... 0859923561

Return to “Special Shows - London”