Saturday, July 19th, 2014 - evening performance

Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Saturday, July 19th, 2014 - evening performance

Post by Billy Whiz »

PHOTOGRAPHS - SATURDAY, JULY 19th - EVENING

We have very kindly been given permission by the Victoria Palace for photographs on Saturday, July 19th - evening show.

The rules are the same as usual and must be adhered to. They are: NO FLASH. NO VIDEO. PHOTOGRAPHS TO BE TAKEN ONLY AFTER THE CURTAIN COMES DOWN AFTER THE CHAIR LIFT.

Thanking everybody in anticipation of your usual co-operation.
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
MsRF
Small Boy

Re: Saturday, July 19th, 2014 - evening performance

Post by MsRF »

I've booked a ticket for this show - I was debating also getting a cheap ticket for the afternoon show, but I've noticed it's audio-described.

Has anyone been to one of these performances? Does it detract from the show for you?
MsRF
Small Boy

Post by MsRF »

Ah I see - thanks for the confirmation - I'd assumed it was read out loud for the whole theatre! You'd think if it was provided by headset that it would be available at more performances ...
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

I think it requires a trained person who specializes in interpreting for the blind. So it's not something that can be done all the time.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
LiamM
Technical Advisor
Technical Advisor

Post by LiamM »

I attended an audio-described performance in Louisville, Kentucky. I have a professional interest in accessibility for the disabled, so I got the headset to listen to the description. They have a volunteer who watches the performance and describes the action during breaks in the dialog. It works reasonably well, but I quickly discovered that it would help so much to know the show inside out. There were some errors, such as misidentifying characters and some important details were left out because it is not obvious which details of a scene are the most important. As well, knowing the timing of different parts would allow pre-announcing certain events. For example, it would be better announce the entry of Mr. Braithwaite for Boggie right before it happens because there is so much dialogue right after his entry. This requires that the describer knows it is going to happen. Boston used a professional description company instead of volunteers.
jen
Miner

Post by jen »

Don't get on so much now and have lost touch who is leaving?
It is a great show that people do come and see. Because it's not
just a show for adults, or just for children, or just for people that
like theatre, I'd say for everyone, and it's got so much emotion
behind it. Because who ever comes and sees it, feels the story -
so I think: it's brilliant!" (GM)
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

jen wrote:Don't get on so much now and have lost touch who is leaving?
Mitchell Tobin (Billy) and Zak Baker (Michael)

Return to “Special Shows - London”