Live or 10 Anv Show?

StevenKing
Mrs Wilkinson

Live or 10 Anv Show?

Post by StevenKing »

Ok all if you had to chose to definitely making a short trip to see Billy Live OR the possibility of there being a 10 anv show we can actually go to what would you choose? One or the other not both!!! I'm a bit afraid theres at least a small chance they wont let in the general public to the anv show...plus are they REALLY going to go all out like they are doing with the live show so soon??? choices choices...
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Live or 10 Anv Show?

Post by kport »

I would choose the 10th Anniversary, if tickets can be had. Not only will it mark the anniversary, but it will be another opportunity for Forum members from all around the world to meet again.

I wonder whether the Live Show will be disruptive to the usual audience 'experience'? Whether or not the audience will need to be seated a bit earlier, be told about its reactions (chat, applause, laughter, silence) to the show, and whether the cameras and other accoutrements associated with a live broadcast will interrupt the enjoyment of the show itself for those of us who know it intimately? I have sat through enough live broadcasts to know that they CAN intrude upon one's enjoyment, no matter how hard one tries to avoid this. If I am in the UK on that date, I will see it - twice - at my local cinema (I have ordered tickets already) and not at the VPT.

I note on the ticketing website that the Live Show is far from sold out; my local cinema is, at both showings.

(It would be interesting - although it will not happen - if the VPT 'gave away' the rest of the tickets to those who, as a matter of record, have seen the show at least a dozen times, thus assuring a rapturous and knowledgeable audience response.)

Return to “Special Shows - London”