Billy Elliot Live Photo Countdown

ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Billy Elliot Live Photo Countdown

Post by ERinVA »

OliverWaters wrote:I didn't realise the American Billys weren't even invited!
Nope! And the show isn't being broadcast to American cinemas either. :evil:
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
tankntonic
Ballet Girl

Post by tankntonic »

Billy Whiz wrote:Only one day to go and I have shown photos of all the Billys that will be appearing. Sadly there are 8 ex Billys who never even received an invite. I thought it only right that they should appear in the Photo Countdown as well. These boys left their families to come over to the UK to perform in BETM and I think it very remiss of the organisers to not invite them. A big THANK YOU to Colin Bates, Corey Snide, Trent Kowalik, Hogan Fulton, Tanner Pflueger, Adam Vesperman, Tade Biesinger and Mitchell Tobin.
Thanks for that , Billy Whiz, 'tis a great contribution to Anglo-American relations. :D

And thank you for another fantastic photo countdown !!
mikey2573
Tall Boy

Post by mikey2573 »

The BILLY ELLIOT people would probably have had to pay the US Billys airfare and hotel bill had they participated. Remember the final Broadway show? Which Billys were not there? Mike Dameski and Dayton Taveres, both from Australia. Not sure why Tanner wasn't at the final Broadway show, but probably too expensive to fly the two Aussie Billys over.
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

Here is the final Countdown photo. This photo was taken at the end of the 5th Birthday Show in 2010.

I'm sorry it's late but I had technical problems with my laptop and then I had to head off to see a show about a boy that wants to dance.

Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

Billy Whiz: Congratulations on another outstanding count down. The photos were all excellent and helped to build the anticipation for what is sure to be one of everyone's highlights in the annals of BETMUK history.

Thanks!!
Todd
Dad

Post by Todd »

mikey2573 wrote:The BILLY ELLIOT people would probably have had to pay the US Billys airfare and hotel bill had they participated.
Seems like they could have said, "We can't pay for your air fare and hotel expenses but if you can cover the costs yourself, we'd love to have you join in !" Not sure how many would have taken them up on the offer, but at least they wouldn't feel like they'd been excluded, after all the contributions they made to the success of the show.
CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by CJ-Rochester »

Todd wrote:
mikey2573 wrote:The BILLY ELLIOT people would probably have had to pay the US Billys airfare and hotel bill had they participated.
Seems like they could have said, "We can't pay for your air fare and hotel expenses but if you can cover the costs yourself, we'd love to have you join in !" Not sure how many would have taken them up on the offer, but at least they wouldn't feel like they'd been excluded, after all the contributions they made to the success of the show.
Perhaps people shouldn't jump to conclusions about why the non-UK Billys weren't included, unless you know for certain. There could be many issues related to bringing over someone from another country. If they were performing and rehearsing, even for just the finale, it would be considered a professional engagement and they would have to be paid. That involves employment contracts, Equity rules, work visas and other immigration issues get involved. I don't think any of us know.

Now back to comments on the photo countdown. Excellent work as always, Billy Whiz! :D
StevenKing
Mrs Wilkinson

Post by StevenKing »

CJ-Rochester wrote:
Todd wrote:
Perhaps people shouldn't jump to conclusions about why the non-UK Billys weren't included, unless you know for certain. There could be many issues related to bringing over someone from another country. If they were performing and rehearsing, even for just the finale, it would be considered a professional engagement and they would have to be paid. That involves employment contracts, Equity rules, work visas and other immigration issues get involved. I don't think any of us know.

Now back to comments on the photo countdown. Excellent work as always, Billy Whiz! :D
Never thought of that...could well be why!!!
StevenKing
Mrs Wilkinson

Post by StevenKing »

Thank you David for the countdown...great as always!
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Yes, thank you for a great countdown, David. :D
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.

Return to “Special Shows - London”