Rotations and Live

ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Rotations and Live

Post by ERinVA »

When it comes down to it, is there really any point in "Monday morning quarterbacking" the choice of Billy for the Live show? The person who knows the definitive answer would probably be Stephen Daldry, and I don't think he is going to tell us.

As for choosing only one Billy, if this were the final show to end the run in London, I expect all of them would have participated in a tag team performance as happened at the final show in NY, where Daldry told the audience that when it came to having to decide on who would perform, they (meaning he and the other directorial staff) "decided not to decide," and instead put them all on stage, transitioning throughout the show from one Billy to the next in some very fun and ingenious ways. :D

But that would not have made sense for a show being recorded for a DVD, so one Billy had to be chosen. Until Daldry goes on record about how/why Elliott got the nod, I think choosing the Billy who had been in the show the longest is as good an explanation as any.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
StevenKing
Mrs Wilkinson

Re: Rotations and Live

Post by StevenKing »

I think it is safe to say that most of the time the person in the role the longest will be picked since they have the most experience. Plus Elliot had the added bonus of being having that experience and STILL being so young...that's rather unique, don't discount the awwwww factor(which I heard both time I saw it in the theaters LOUD).

Return to “Special Shows - London”