Photo Countdown for the London Show closure

Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Photo Countdown for the London Show closure

Post by Billy Whiz »

Well there are 100 days to go before the best show in London, in my opinion, closes. It is too good an opportunity not to do a Photo Countdown to celebrate the closing of Billy Elliot The Musical. I apologise now if I miss anybody out but I have tried to include as many people in the countdown as I can with the photos that I have taken over the years.

So here we go and the countdown had to start with the 3 originals. This was taken at the 5th Birthday Show on March 31st, 2010.

Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
StevenKing
Mrs Wilkinson

Re: Photo Countdown for the London Show closure

Post by StevenKing »

Out of the mists of time (literally in this case, they walked out of a mist). Thanks for doing this David!
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Thank you, David! I am looking forward to time-traveling with you on this count down.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
angelenroute
Billy

Post by angelenroute »

Thank you for doing this, David! Really looking forward to it!

Sean

"Good writers define reality; bad ones merely restate it." -Edward Albee
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

Here's today's Countdown photo and it's of the brilliant New Yorker, Trent Kowalik. Trent performed in London for about 6 months before going back to New York to open BETM there. He then went on to win a Tony with David Alvarez and Kiril Kulish. This photo was taken at Trent's last night in London on June 7th, 2008. Debbie is Scarlet Embleton, Mrs W was Kate Graham and Dad was Phil Whitchurch. Phil also played Dad at Trent's last show in NYC when he was covering for Greg Jbara. Trent is the all-time record holder for the number of appearances as Billy. I doubt it will ever be beaten now.

Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by CJ-Rochester »

Great photo David! I always enjoy your countdowns.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

That photo is one of my favorites.

Looking forward to continuing the stroll down Memory Lane.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

I've really enjoyed picking the photos for the countdown. It has brought back so many memories and I also found photos that I had forgotten I'd taken.

angelenroute
Billy

Post by angelenroute »

I love that one too. Thank you!

"Good writers define reality; bad ones merely restate it." -Edward Albee
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

Here's day 98 and it's of two stalwarts of Billy Elliot The Musical. Ann Emery needs no introduction having played Grandma from day one. Tessa Worsley was alternate Grandma for a number of years. Both ladies always had time for a couple of minutes with the fans and are both sadly missed by the fans. Ann retired late last year at the age of 84 with back problems but her performance is, thankfully, preserved for posterity on Billy Elliot Live.

Return to “Special Shows - London”